Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...  (Read 4989 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Selling the entire amiga horde, step right up...
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
@ Smerf, Iggy & HayWirePC

You lot are aving a  larf aint ya... ;)

There's no real place called Pennsyltucky, pull the other one... :)

If there is such a oddly shaped and named place then Smerf, stand outside your house with your pancake on your napper and I'll go to that google map thingy and zoom in and see if I can spot you (might help if you jumped up and down a wee bit and waved and Amiga about, just in case all the other locals happen to wear pancakes or other such delicacies on their bonces...) :)

Nah... Pennsyltucky... noooo way.... surely you could've made up a better name than that... you can't fool me... I'm onto the three of you, you know... ;)

Now excuse me while I get back to my mythical village of Brigadoon before it disappears for another century... :)

PS: It's just dawned on me... Haywirepc, that why you haven't sold your collection yet no-one can collect it from a made up place... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;640705
@ Franko

Its a reference to the fact that Pennsylvania and Kentucky both contain part of the Appalachian Mountain range and that some of the inhabitants resemble extras from the movie Deliverance.

Ahh... Deliverance... :)

One of the best movies ever made and "Dueling Banjos" has to be one of the best tunes ever... :)

So is this really Smerf in this movie (the hat's do kinda look like pancakes right enough...) :)

[youtube]oAyOsNXcbgM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:51:34 PM by Franko »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:05:13 PM »
Gawd... you jammy gits... all you people within reach of each other... lucky bleeders... :)

AN APPEAL... :)

Is there anyone living or dead who's still an Amiga User living within a bus ride of the Livingston area in central Scotland... If so get in touch and maybe both of us can start a bi-centennial meeting of "Amiga Users Scotland" I'll provide the Irn Bru & Tunnocks Tea Cakes... ta very glad... I eagerly await to hear from you... :)

PS: Anyone know a good medium (as this might prove tricky)... :)