Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hate! Hate! Hate!  (Read 9485 times)

Description:

Offline RRunner

• Show all replies
Hate! Hate! Hate!
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:50 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;455195
I have 3459 images in an alien format to the new gallery format.  As such, I'm fairly doubtful that I could get them uploaded one by one by myself, and since there's no "mass upload" feature and each upload has to be processed by the system to make thumbnails, I'm doubting even the great Karlos could help with a data migration tool.

I've created the categories as they were on the old system (sans the events categories) but wonder if there might be an adventurous few who'd be willing to help with re-uploading the pics themselves.

Wayne

Is it possible to zip the files up in batches along with any associated metadata / posts? Then various volunteers could upload the images and put in as much of the old info as possible. I'd be willing to work away at some as time permits. Just PM me if there is anything I can do.
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
A2000 030/40Mhz, 8Mb RAM, 1GB HD
AmiKit

Offline RRunner

• Show all replies
Re: Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;455370
I just gave you one.

a positive reputation point, jeez people. minds out of the gutter, m'kay?

Other than the single green dot indicating that you are "on the right path" or something... how can you tell how many rep points you have? I don't seem to see that listed anywhere. :huh:
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
AmiKit

Offline RRunner

• Show all replies
Re: Hate! Hate! Hate!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;455592
Yeah, but about 1/2 of the people are complaining about too much "white space".. :)

Like the vote I did earlier on the logo font, every change is a no-win scenario when you get this many people who're so attached to the way things were.

.. but I do appreciate your support.

I like the amount of white space you have now. It breaks up the page and makes things readable. Just my $0.02 worth...:cool:
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
AmiKit