Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Hollywood 4.5 is out now  (Read 3032 times)

Offline fuskoSCN

Re: Hollywood 4.5 is out now
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 07:11:24 AM »
Hi Lando!

This is infact my mistake - the Mac executables on our homepage was compiled using a beta-version of Hollywood 4.5 that only produced intel-executables. I forgot to edit the specs on our homepage :)

The final version of Hollywood 4.5 does support both intel and ppc-macs. When you compile the software you may choose what operatingsystem you want to support (so you may infact make executables for all supported operatingsystems in one go (amigaOS, morphOS, Win, MacOS etc.).

I don't own a Mac myself and don't know much about it.. is it possible for intel-macs to emulate/run ppc-mac executables ?

best regards

Torgeir Vee

Offline persia

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 11:49:47 AM »
Pre-Snow Leopard, a PPC emulation layer called Rosetta was a standard part of the install on intel Macs, as of Snow Leopard it's an optional install, it allows you to run most PPC binaries, but since the switch to intel is a long time ago apple has started to ween us away from using PPC software.

Quote from: fuskoSCN;536459
Hi Lando!

This is infact my mistake - the Mac executables on our homepage was compiled using a beta-version of Hollywood 4.5 that only produced intel-executables. I forgot to edit the specs on our homepage :)

The final version of Hollywood 4.5 does support both intel and ppc-macs. When you compile the software you may choose what operatingsystem you want to support (so you may infact make executables for all supported operatingsystems in one go (amigaOS, morphOS, Win, MacOS etc.).

I don't own a Mac myself and don't know much about it.. is it possible for intel-macs to emulate/run ppc-mac executables ?

best regards

Torgeir Vee
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline softwarefailure

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »
This Global Gladiators port was also created using Hollywood:

http://www.softwarefailure.de/barracuda_team/

Offline DrValkyer

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »
Quote from: softwarefailure;536613
This Global Gladiators port was also created using Hollywood:

http://www.softwarefailure.de/barracuda_team/

Thanks, I have to launch A1200 and try.
I could save Aeon, but she will not come. Who will save me?

Offline Splurge

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »
While I cant compete with that port, I just uploaded a simple Workbench game that I made in Hollywood.

http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile&file=game/misc/wbrps.lha
SAM440Flex 800MHz 1GB, OS4.1
A3000D/040 24MB OS3.9, Prometheus/Ethernet/Voodoo
A1200/030 128MB, 20GB OS3.1
A2500/030 OS3.1
A4000/040 dead.. again