Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: for the record  (Read 6920 times)

Description:

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: for the record
« on: September 21, 2014, 07:58:56 PM »
@thread

if you have a problem with the site or its policies, bring them up in a PM to one of the moderators, matthew, or trevor. or you can open a thread in the dedicated forum we have for this purpose, which is where i'm moving this thread for now. thanks.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:10:16 PM by eliyahu »
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:54:06 AM »
@kickstart

as explained you earned an infraction and posting restriction for repeatedly discussing moderation decisions publicly after repeated warnings. unfortunately the system only has certain choices, and i chose the wrong one. after your posting restriction expired, and you complained, i reversed the infraction. the system shows that it was reversed because of that clerical mistake. but it can't be completely removed.

you earned an infraction. deal with it. i was trying to be nice by reversing it because the reason given was incorrect and you were unhappy. i thought this might make you happy -- but, no. this is just absurd. enough already.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:56:09 AM by eliyahu »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:54:55 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;773664
The only other case I know is my news item about the Amiga-News WinUAE PPC poll which had been posted but the thread was closed from the beginning. But that's not "half a dozen threads".
hmmm. i approved that thread, so not sure why it's closed. anyway -- i just reopened it. :)

-- eliyahu

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;773642
What about Phoenixconsole's news items getting deleted? His work does not violate anything... Its pd and open source. I like seeing his news and progress, so do most people interested in AMIGA. They are relevant and should be allowed here. (as should any amiga news related item or progress update on any amiga related project)

I'm glad I am not the only one noticing all the deleted, locked and edited threads lately.  And yes, these things happening without comment invites speculation.
i can't speak for everyone else, but if someone submits a news item that isn't actually news, i always make sure that it is at least turned into a regular thread. i almost always approve news items; that said there was one that phoenixconsole submitted that i didn't approve because it was an announcement of a coming announcement, but i did make sure it was posted as a normal thread.

i also make sure that before i edit, i warn. and before i lock, i explain that i did and why. that's probably good practice and i think the other mods do similarly, but thanks for bringing it up. i'll go and do a search and see if i can find some examples. if you can point me to some, that would help, too.

-- eliyahu

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 06:27:01 PM »
@wawrzon

only a couple of mods also moderate at AWN. regardless -- please do PM me (or whichever mod with which you feel most comfortable) when this happens. if someone removes a post, there is a message that mods can see indicating who did it and when. that way i (or whomever) can look into what is going on.

you're gonna have to trust at least one of us with this kind of info if we're going to figure out why this is happening. :)

-- eliyahu

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:59:39 PM »
Quote from: wrath of khan;773762
The silliness continues unabated...all this melodrama is entirely disproportionate to the actual size of amiga land.
Can someone change the name of this forum to Amigaland.org:hammer::laugh1:
how about "as the boing ball turns?" :lol:

-- eliyahu