Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA introduces new Amigo computer!!  (Read 15344 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Commodore USA introduces new Amigo computer!!
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:49:11 AM »
Ha ha, very nice! I'm sure it's got junk guts, but if the price range were right and it was Haiku/Aros friendly, I'd just have to snag one or two of these!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:56:19 AM »
@Cammy: Aghh, OK, so your Netbook uses the GMA 950 Chipset for video. Wonderful! I have that in my Toshiba and I've been very impressed. Though, I presume it's only supported in Vesa mode, thus allowing you to only enter AROS in 24bit video mode with fixed resolution correct?

Also, does AROS support the on-board audio, usb, and networking?

Anyhow, Where are you guys seeing the specs on the CPU speed? All I see are pics mostly.

In regards to the video output, I do believe that most modern TV's have RCA Video, and VGA inputs. At least mine does. Also, considering that it's probably using some sort of Intel Chip for it's video, I'd wager a guess that it's about on par with a basic GeForce 6 in which case I don't see how how having HDMI would serve anyone much over VGA. Besides, what are we doing in AROS right now that needs to be in such high resolutions? The video doesn't even work right in AROS to begin with. Granted, all this will be fleshed out in time and hopefully not left in the state that BeOS was left in, but still.

I do feel that they could have went with S-Video instead of the Composite output, but oh well, as I said I have VGA input so I'm good.

Anyhow, I don't even know why I'm defending this computer. As I said before it's prolly filled with junk components and going for more than I would be willing to pay for, but I DO love the looks and the retro appeal! I mean at least it's a real product and not just a mythological machine that exists only in poster form.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:59:49 AM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:07:34 AM »
Aghh ha! I see the specs now. For what ever reason, the text wasn't showing up before!

1Ghz is kind of weak, unless of course this will be selling for around $200, then it wouldn't be half bad, besides you can still emulate Amiga at decent speeds with 1Ghz...

...well in Windows. On AROS UAE still has jumpy sound and all that and I'm running at 2.4Ghz, non emulated.

On the upside: 128Mb of Dedicated Video Ram, not shared!  GOOD MOVE!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:28:48 AM by XDelusion »