Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deneb Firmware  (Read 1069 times)

Description:

Offline TumbleweedTopic starter

Deneb Firmware
« on: December 26, 2021, 03:46:26 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find the last firmware updates for the Deneb USB card?

Also does anyone know what happened to Chris Hodges (Poseidon USB stack) and Michael Böhmer E3B? Doing a lot of googling but only finding stale websites and struggling to find last versions of Luciferin and Poseidon. Think I have them Luciferin v4.1 and Poseidon v4.5 but were these the last?

Weed.
A3000T, Cybervision64, CSMKII 060; A3000D, PicassoII, Z3 Fastlane; A2000D, 040, PicassoII; A4000D, A1200, Blizzard 030 MKIV  (not working - next project)

Offline Matt_H

Re: Deneb Firmware
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 04:38:27 PM »
E3B's website is still online; the firmware updates are in the Support -> Updates section.

Poseidon 4.5 was indeed the last version, although a few individual class drivers have been updated since then. The RapidRoad driver package has some of them (see Individual Computers' website), the others are on Aminet. Can't recall with certainty what the last version of Luciferin was, but 4.1 sounds right, or close to it.

As to what happened to these developers...
I think Michael Böhmer was getting his doctorate, which kept him understandably busy, although that might be done by now. I recall some sort of message a few years ago that he'd like to get back to the Amiga eventually but just hasn't had the time.
And in an unfortunate but long-standing Amiga tradition, Chris Hodges was getting harassed/trolled/ripped off by a few inconsiderate jerks in the community and decided to call it quits. I guess some people are still in contact with him because Poseidon continues to be available for MorphOS and RapidRoad, but I haven't seen a public message from him in a long time.

The following users thanked this post: Tumbleweed

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 10:14:01 PM »

Those pages appear to be removed.

Chris

Offline TumbleweedTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 11:33:52 PM »
Cheers Matt. Looks like I have all the most recent versions. I last used the Deneb in my A4000D before it dies which was c10 years ago. I dug it out last couple of day's and have beeb trying to get it running in my recently repaired A3000T.

Seems to be working ok. I knwo there were probs with having more than one DMA master and the different busters. The 3000T has Buster 11 and a CV64 and CV 64 3D installed. The Deneb seems to work ok though.

The only thing Ive not got working is the Deneb flashrom so that I can boot off a USB drive plugged into the Deneb. I have Poseidon in the Deneb flash rom (used Luciferin's standard set up) - but doesnt seem to work.

I thought it was cause I was using outdated versions of Poseidon, Luciferin and firmware but looks like I have all the most recent versions.

The 3000T is running OS3.2 witj 3.2 Roms. Dont think that should make a difference though.

Thanks.

Weed
A3000T, Cybervision64, CSMKII 060; A3000D, PicassoII, Z3 Fastlane; A2000D, 040, PicassoII; A4000D, A1200, Blizzard 030 MKIV  (not working - next project)