Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anybody using (or want) SCSI?  (Read 6154 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: Anybody using (or want) SCSI?
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:16:30 PM »
Go for it! Anything that helps NG users get their SCSI peripherals working on the newer machines is sure to be useful. I don't have a PCI-capable MorphOS machine at the moment, but I'm sure I will someday and I will definitely want to put SCSI in it for compatibility purposes.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »
Quote from: Heiroglyph;774899
I just like making stuff and it keeps me from working at home.

My plan is:
1. SCSI driver
2. FUSE Flyer filesystem
3. VTASC codec (for Flyer clips)
4. ???
5. No Profit!

There might even be some commercial value in those Flyer tools. I could see TV studios or such wanting to transfer archival footage from Flyer hard drives to a modern format and media. Even if it's not high-def, better for them to do the transfer digitally than over the Flyer's composite output... if they even still have working Amigas. And then there's weirdos like us who would use the codec to convert modern videos TO the Flyer format :)

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:50 AM »
Ah, yes, I keep forgetting you're a NewTek guy! So much for the commercial possibilities, but it's good to know there exist(ed) other means of retrieving Flyer files for interested clients.

How much of the Flyer filesystem is tied to the Flyer hardware? Can one plug a Flyer drive into a regular SCSI controller and use the filesystem to access it?