Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 79 available systems for MorphOS 3.5  (Read 51837 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: Power Macintosh G5
« on: May 29, 2013, 03:02:10 AM »
Quote from: Dr.Bongo;736225
Sorry to flame but

No, you're not.

@B00tdisk: hive-mind.  But in all seriousness, we're fully aware there are people out there who hate Apple to company and/or Apple hardware.  Doesn't need to be said all the time, or really at all as, on the whole, it adds nothing useful to discourse.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:04:54 AM by LoadWB »

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: Power Macintosh G5
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 03:54:43 AM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;736259
EDIT: on the subject of Apple...I dislike Apple, but I'm pro-MorphOS.  If it requires Apple hardware to run the OS I like, then so be it.

I'm actually looking forward to putting MorphOS on this aluminum PowerBook that got dumped on me.  I played with Mac OSX on it just to see how it works and to support a few customers who are Mac-only.  That lasted a day.  Now when my colleagues say how I told them I don't like Apple and won't own an Apple device I can say it's an Amiga laptop.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: 73 available systems for MorphOS 3.2
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;737606
So would this model and configuration work with MOS 3.2?

(snip)

Product Identifiers
Manufacturer   Apple
Product Family   iBook
Model ID   PowerBook6,7
Model Number   A1133
MPN   AppleiBook G412.1July2005

Display
Display Size   12.1"

Miscellaneous
Release Date   July, 2005

According to the docs of one of the links in the original posts, the PowerBook6,7 is compatible.  Download the ISO and give it a try.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 11:29:34 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;737693
@chaoslord

Define "awesome game"...

Dark Castle?

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;747613
Wow, I can't believe so many people here are lauding the use of a backward OS on a whopping 73 systems that are so obsolete that it's laughable. Those systems are 8+ years out of date.  If you're looking for nostalgia, get a classic system or emulate using one of the UAE variants.  There's simply no reason to buy a system to run MorphOS or even OS4 for that matter.  None of the NG systems have a productivity suite or even a browser that is useful enough to read the news! You guys keep right on buying those MOS licenses and keep holding your breath while waiting for some useful applications.  Simply ridiculous.....

Thank you for your opinion, generalizing your application to those of others.  Obviously you're not the target demographic for MorphOS.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 06:07:08 AM »
Quick question.  I picked up a PowerMac which is listed as compatible, but it hangs during the installation.  Could this be related to the PowerBook compatibility problem alluded to above?  It's a 400MHz G4 with an ATI Rage card.  MorphOS site says only Radeon cards, but this system is listed as compatible and there were no models released with Radeon cards.

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:36:54 PM »
Quote from: Kronos;747721
@LoadWB
Actually the ATI Rage128 Pro is listed under "without 3d hardware acceleration".

Are you sure it's an 400MHz AGP G4 (PCI-only models are not supported).
At which point does it hang ?
Have you tried stripping the G4 down (no PCI cards, only 1 RAM-stick) to check for broken parts ?

It hangs at varying parts of copying files.  I've stripped it down with the exception of the video card.  Replaced RAM, hard drive, and optical drive.  I don't have it in front of me right now, but I did the research on it to make sure.  It's definitely AGP.  I'll have it in my hands again this weekend and I'll get more information on it.  I'm not opposed to replacing the video card if that's what the problem is.