Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS for Sam460  (Read 28446 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: MorphOS for Sam460
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »
Quote from: eliyahu;717146
Absolutely! This certainly adds to my enthusiasm for grabbing a SAM460ex next year. One of the reasons I was so interested in getting a pegasos2 was the ability to run both AmigaOS and MorphOS on the same machine -- and I enjoy the ability to do so. I also hope this might lead to support for RadeonHD cards on MorphOS eventually.

In fact with AmigaOS 4.1, MorphOS, and AROS all eventually able to run natively on the SAM460ex, it might not be the fastest next-generation Amiga system, but it certainly will be the most compatible. Rock on, Acube! :)

Edit: For those of you on Facebook there is a video of the MorphOS prototype booting up.

-- eliyahu

That took for ever boot, and the screen update was well slow, guessing this because relevant drivers not optimized for the board yet.

If the time difference between other hardware release videos and actually release is anything to go by, this could be a year before sam version is released
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: MorphOS for Sam460
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;717466
Well, I realise that's up to the team, but IMHO it's a shame.

what MorphOS 1.4 30 minute limited not good enough for you karlos :)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"