Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So happy with my new MorphOS Mac Mini  (Read 8366 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: So happy with my new MorphOS Mac Mini
« on: October 17, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »
I'd second that sentiment. I just got my Quicksilver Powermac running version 2.6.
My processor is slower than yours and I have half your memory and this system still flies.  I have 128Mb Radeon 9200 and 3d video seems more than fast enough.
Original Amiga owners may try to use their machines excliusively, but I could actually see using my MorphOS system to the exclusion of all others (in fact I may have to as my X86 PC get failed).
Anyone who doubts PPC systems as a viable upgrade path for Amigans ought to spend some time with on of these.

It's more stable (and faster) than OS4. There's a lot of good software available and each version gets just a little better.

Truely, MorphOS IS Amiga done right!
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: So happy with my new MorphOS Mac Mini
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:05:17 PM »
Of course my Powermac is equip with only two stock USB ports. But for only $5 I was able to add five move USB 2.o ports (one intrtnal, four external). And I don't see slow HD response. Sure the controllers only ATA66 on my Powermac, but tied to an ATA100 drive I don't find it any slower than my PC.

I'm just really enjoying how well this works. I'm seriously considering making this my primary computer.

Say, does anyone know of any good word processors (Amiga or MorphOS) that I could run?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"