Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.  (Read 12208 times)

Description:

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
Re: Just picked up a eMac 1.25Ghz this morning.
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »
Ha!
Dropped?
I ,too,have had the seller claim mysterious loss or destruction of an item  when my eBay bid was  the winner ,but low.
COmplain to eBay,maybe they will ban the seller.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:37:46 PM »
the people who have advertised an efika  with MorphOS key want more like $200+ ,at least the several would-be sellers I contacted.They apparently got their price from someone else and I don't think $200 for a registered efika system is out of line.

I have just finished installing MorpOS 2.5   on my Mac Mini while keeping the MacOSX Tiger,and leaving an extra space (maybe Ubuntu triple boot?).
 Have to  resolve DSL connection problem since my PC is using the USB port on a Netopia box and there is no Mac driver for DSL-USB.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:04:42 AM »
Man you are  such a positive ,upbeat person it must be a joy to be around you.

If for $200 one gets a 400 mhz PPC computer with 128 meg RAM , a 60gb hard drive with  a registered copy of MorphOS ,power supply, and nice case ,that seems much better than paying $500plus for an old accelerator card and having to pay another $150 for AOS 4 ;especially since both evidently need tweaking for older games and apps anyway.

Talk of deliberately destroying a working system  to use the MorphOS team licensing policy in a way it was not meant to be used just reminds one of the piracy issues that hurt Amiga in the past.Sure,I would prefer MorphOS be free but that is not the reality.

If everybody only look for a way to cheat then why play the game?

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:20:55 AM »
It's YOUR fault!Posting  all those neat pictures.

Since you  obviously had so much fun with eMac ,I felt like one must be added to the collection here.

After seeing several eMacs for various  $100-200,finally spotted a  1.25GHz model for $150 or best offer. The seller accepted $50 ,threw in a USB CD drive and carried it to my car !!! He was just happy to get rid of it.(Oh yes,the genuine Apple keyboard and mouse were included.)

I wonder if the eMac can dual -boot Mac OS and MorphOS ? Seems a shame to lose a nicely working OS X 10.3.9 installation.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:22:09 AM »
Meant to address redrumloa in the previous post.