Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Making a PCMCIA extender
« Last post by ncafferkey on April 11, 2024, 05:55:31 PM »
Today, what I'm actually looking for is a slot bracket with a female RJ45 connector, so I could solder the "rat tail" to it internally.  (Imagine a PC slot bracket for supporting extra USB ports, but instead for 10BaseT ethernet.)  Anyone ever seen one of these?  Yeah, I could probably hack something, but don't want yet another hardware project on my to-do list.

Sorry, for resurrecting a very old thread, but I really like this idea (apart from the soldering  ;)). Has anyone tried it? I found this extender and matching "ISA/PCI" backplate, which look ideal:

https://www.performance-pcs.com/peripherals/usb-adapters/1000m-cat6-rj45-ethernet-extension-cable-with-panel-mount-30cm-mdy-rj45-e6-30.html
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Missing statvfs.h
« Last post by Michele31415 on April 11, 2024, 04:46:10 PM »
I'm trying to cross-compile Interlisp-D for my Amiga 2000 with OS 3.9 using Bebbo's cross-compiler m68k-amigaos-gcc-6.5.0b.  It's here if anyone wants to take a look: git pull https://github.com/Interlisp-maiko.git.

Compilation is stopping because it can't find a file called sys/statvfs.h.  I can't find it either Does AmigaOS even have statvfs.h?  If not, is there a work-around?  Thanks.
Thats pretty cool.

p.s. you sure the pic is big enough, lol.

I took that pic on an iPhone XR with the default settings. I didn't know how big it would look after uploading here if people clicked on the thumbnail.

While on the subject of photo resolutions, I'm interested in trying to get some photos or videos from any devices I own onto my Amiga, but I wonder which devices might be low enough resolution depending on the settings. I've got an HP digital camera bought in 2006, which I think is 6MP, but I remember that if I use zoom then the resolution decreases. I think that an old Video 8 camcorder which I didn't buy new, but is probably a 1990s model would be more suitable, but I'd need a compatible video digitiser. I used to own one by Newtek, but it broke down and had to be replaced once or twice. I think that the Amiga high resolution of 1,280 X 525 pixels might be 0.65 Megapixels. This is a topic for another thread, though!

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: A1222 production now underway!
« Last post by F0LLETT on April 11, 2024, 08:54:07 AM »
What a PITA!   My iphone is .jpeg and it only allows .jpg.  :P   Can you possibly add that extension too?

You could always tell it to auto resize and rename as .jpg, ;).
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: A1222 production now underway!
« Last post by cehofer on April 11, 2024, 04:21:15 AM »
What a PITA!   My iphone is .jpeg and it only allows .jpg.  :P   Can you possibly add that extension too?
I tried AmiBlitz 3.9.10 (latest) for the last couple days and was disappointed to find that it is essentially unusable as compiling will cause a crash in three or four attempts in most cases. Moving the cursor or selecting text can cause a crash. Changing preferences can cause a crash. (I am also building quite the list of non-crashing bugs with the editor.)

This sounds weird all together.

I would suggest the previous version but i don't think it's AmiBlitz's fault.
The bugs and crashes you are encountering with AmiBlitz3 and even BlitzBasic2.1 have other reasons.

Especially AmiBlitz3 is maintained still and bugs are now more rare than ever.

Would you mind elaborating? This isn't the old days where I had every hack/patch I could throw at my system running OS3.1. I don't think I am running anything too crazy but I guess I will clone my clean OS3.2.2.1 drive image for FS-UAE and only install AmiBlitz 3.9.10 and see how it goes tonight.
General chat about Amiga topics / Re: "Lost" PD libraries
« Last post by Matt_H on April 10, 2024, 08:17:14 PM »
Whew! Remembering this old thread, myself. Any preservation is good. :) I'm not familiar with the KT library or whether it's already been archived, but it would be great if you could still find it.

Some of the American libraries I had in mind are Amicus, AMUSE, DevWare, Software of the Month Club... I keep coming across scattered disks of these and others here and there. I know there's lots of American BBS stuff that is currently lost but that might have made it into one of these libraries...
TPUG (Toronto PET Users Group) is pleased to reconnect you with one of the most intriguing entrepreneurs of the mid-1980’s home computing era.  Brian Dougherty was the founder of Berkeley Softworks, the company that developed GEOS (Graphic Environment Operating System) for the Commodore 64, C128, Plus/4, and the Apple II series of computers.

In addition to GEOS, the company also released complementary software and hardware such as geoPublish and geoRAM.  GEOS and its ecosystem of products granted 8-bit computers the type of functionality previously only seen on more powerful computers like the Amiga, an ambitious feat that continues to be admired by retrocomputing fans worldwide.

Brian Dougherty will be interviewed by Toronto-based UI Designer Lucas Gramajo.

Mark your calendars!  As usual, you can also watch the event later - just subscribe to TPUG's YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/@TorontoPETUsersGroup

Date:  Thursday, April 18, 2024.

Time:  7:30PM ET.  (Toronto, Canada).

Zoom details:  https://www.tpug.ca

Thanks for attending !
The bugs and crashes you are encountering with AmiBlitz3 and even BlitzBasic2.1 have other reasons.

Especially AmiBlitz3 is maintained still and bugs are now more rare than ever.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]