Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga on the Lake weekend  (Read 4617 times)

Description:

Offline SACC-guyTopic starter

Amiga on the Lake weekend
« on: June 17, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »
How was the Amiga on the Lake weekend?

Offline Debaser

• Show only replies by Debaser
Re: Amiga on the Lake weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 11:40:19 PM »
I am no Robert Bernardo or Tekmage but I will do my best to at least give a bit of a written account of the Saturday portion that I attended last weekend. :)

In short, it was a great time. It was a small, intimate affair, but there was lots to look at and check out and quite frankly, the day flew by!

I arrived at 9AM at the hotel conference room. The hotel was quite nice and the setting was pretty as it viewed the Oswego river and overlooked Lake Ontario. The staff at the hotel were great and attentive. So as far as the venue goes - you couldn't ask for a better spot in my opinion.

At around 10 or 10:30AM, Aaron Smith kicked off the meeting and introduced Jamie Krueger...

Jamie Krueger gave an AVD demonstration. A good portion of the talk covered how the gui builder is coming along, which was quite impressive. I look forward to seeing it's release.

Lunch orders were taken and we all mingled and talked. There were several X5000's at the meeting, 2 Morphos setups, AROS, and some classic hardware (for sale by an attendee) - oh and as well a Micro A-1-C that was fun to check out in the wild and see still operational. :)

*Aaron and Jeff from Amiga On The Lake also went around to everyone that attended and handed out copies of Hans de Ruiter's  "Getting Started with Warp3D Nova" book, gratis, which was a really nice surprise. The book looks really well put together and I am looking forward to digging in and taking a more involved read-through later this week.

At around 1:30pm Mark Ritter (Workbench Explorer) gave a talk and showed off a new project that he is working on, a text editor, which allows rapid multi-document support and indexing that is pretty slick.

Tim Deters was at the event with a table showing off his work with Final Writer on AROS. Here's hoping for an AmigaOS4 version soon.

I had my X5000 up as well as my G5 Morphos setup. I demoed the new Iris email client, Folio, RNO Radio, etc...as well as whatever anyone else was interested in seeing.

We all hung out, chatted, helped each other out with various things, and just had a great time. I'd say there were 15-20 of of there that Saturday.

A BBQ-style dinner/buffet was served and beer and drinks were flowing to cap off the evening.

It was a fun test-run at setting up an Amiga gathering, just loose enough, but yet plenty going on to keep us all having fun I think. Here is hoping for another soon and hopefully making this an annual event.

(AoTL did video and screen capture the talks and hopefully they will be posted soon - probably on their youtube channel I imagine)

guest21671

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 06:56:49 AM »
I hope they do it again   Had planned to attend but just didn't work out

Offline lionstorm

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:33:38 PM »
thx for the report !

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 06:02:27 AM »
I am no Robert Bernardo or Tekmage...
Boing!  ;)

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
August 10-11 Commodore Vegas Expo NW - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

Offline walkero

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »
It seems it was a great weekend. Looking forward for photos and videos.

Offline number6

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 01:52:51 AM »