Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Efika 5k2  (Read 10419 times)

Description:

Offline Rodomoc

• Show all replies
Re: Efika 5k2
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:45:12 PM »
I concur that the Radeon 9250 works with Efika 5200B system. I'll have to check exact manufacturer of my card but I got the AGP version, plugged it into pci-agp adapter supplied with the Efika and had zero problems.
----------
I have been running Efika/Morph for about 6 months now. Simply experimental so far but Morph a nice little OS. My next move will be to jump to Morph2.3.
----------
I have yet to register my Morph because I do not want my registration tied to the Efika board. I am holding out for eventual Mac Mini port of Morph and will register OS on the better machine.

Offline Rodomoc

• Show all replies
Re: Efika 5k2
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »
Quote from: zylesea;521152
You will actually love 2.3. It is very stable now and the speed increased again. Also OWB runs much faster now and frees memory while running. usb works vey well for me, MSDs reach 900kb/s.
But some ppl report from usb probs still.
I like my Efika quite much, but it is also a bit special though.

I'm glad to hear that 2.3 is running very well. I'll have to get it running soon. As far as USB, I have trial and errored and run mouse with Efika USB port, on the hub I run keyboard and plug in thumb drives. For a while I ran a CDRW/DVDRW drive on USB hub. Ran very slowly. So I do not use anymore.

I have made a lot of inquiries into Efika design, Freescale 5200B Lite design, and 5200B technical documentation itself. My conclusion is that the 5200B on Efika will recognize 2nd IDE channel just fine. Freescale info indicates that ribbon cables can be used but with length limitation. So basically what I am going to do is convert the 44pin IDE on my Efika to standard 40pin and attempt running hard drive and CD drive. It would be good to get past this limitation. 5200B Lite board had std 40pin header and has no issues.

Other than this, my only complaint is no sound. I believe I have latest firmware but no go so this is a bummer.