Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is your everyday OS/Platform ?  (Read 12379 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
Re: What is your everyday OS/Platform ?
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
Naturally, MorphOS 2.7 for most uses. But I also have Ubuntu, Win Vista, Win XP Media Center and Win 2008 Server R2 on various other platforms.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:15:27 PM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »
Quote from: Franko;641214
Wow... its odd how in the other poll AROS was the  favourite and yet in this one no-one uses it (I thought there were  versions of AROS in use just now for different platforms) !!!

Yeah Franko, that's why I get accused of bias all the time. I like AROS, but I use MorphOS. Right now, MOS just works better.

Quote from: kedawa;641225
I use Vista Home Basic, which came preinstalled on my cheapo PC.  At first I only kept it out of laziness and the need to run a few Windows exclusive programs, but ever since SP1, it's worked very well for me.

I'd love to be using AROS, Haiku, or even Syllable, but they all have a long way to go before they can replace Windows for my daily computing tasks.  AROS doesn't even support my keyboard and mouse yet.

I've got a copy of Vista running on one machine too. After using it awhile I've come to prefer it to WinXP. I could have moved to Win7, but frankly I don't think there's enough difference to justify it.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;641324
I voted OSX, but that's not strictly speaking true. IOS is my everyday platform, I can go many days without turning on my laptops (OSX)... By my iPhone gets hourly usage ;)

Ah the iPhone, the new Crackberry.

Personally, I keep leaving my phone at home. I think its an act of defiance my subconscious keeps performing. At some level I loath being constantly available to anyone with my number (but I hate people who screen calls).

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;641371
My wife makes fun of me because as big a nerd as I am, I refuse to have a smart phone. Phones are for voice calls dammit. Your email message is really not that important to me while I'm out. And no, I won't return your fucking text messages either.

I voted linux. I use windows also, but only for video editing, and I'm trying to learn a few linux video editors so I can never touch a windows machine again...

Steven

Yay! Let's hear it for Steven!

I refuse to have a smart phone.

I find them oh so seductive myself, but worry that with e-mail and internet access while away from home I'll be paying even less attention to the world around me.

So I may be one of only a few people here who's first experience with ARM is likely to be at home.

Offline Iggy

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;641417
... Though I do have an Efika MX I got from a co-worker...need to fiddle around with that sometime...

Fascinating, did you buy it or acquire it some other way?