Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 8 Tablet and Traditional Windows Apps.  (Read 2534 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Windows 8 Tablet and Traditional Windows Apps.
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »
i own a surface pro, in fact just posting from it, its semi ergonomic as a tablet and i prefer not to use apps just regular software, though its great as mobile computer so far. where id be cautious is midi usb compatibility with win8 and usb3, i came across devices i couldnt set up properly because of lack of above.

Offline wawrzon

Re: Windows 8 Tablet and Traditional Windows Apps.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Duce;758536

You can literally only load special RT software on them via the Windows Store.  They are not worthy of even being paperweights, IMO.  They will not run x86 code/programs.

right.
the only worth anything is the pro. limited size ssd is a major drawback, but so far i manage with an 128gb model. connectivity is not that much of issue thanks wlan, bluetooth and usb hubs, i only been afraid to damage the single usb port at some point. battery time isnt that great but about fine for reasonable usage, and remember this is an i5 mobile. whats great is the pressure sensitive wacom like pen for drawing and the easiness to connect on the fly to an external screen when one needs one. i honestly cant imagine that much an full scale notebook would offer beyond that. but then i bought the device for gfx work underway. and it pays so far.