Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: potential PPC Amiga REAL CHEAP  (Read 65526 times)

Description:

Offline Louis DiasTopic starter

Re: Who would have thunk it?
« Reply #854 from previous page: May 12, 2006, 03:32:55 AM »
It's nice to see you are still dyslexic and fail to spell my name correctly yet again.

What you really are failing to see is a market for such things.  This stopped being about OS4 a long time ago.  After having tried AROS-Max on my PC, I'm all for AROS.

Having Opera run even on a Nintendo DS and Wii just proves you don't need a hard drive and 256MB of RAM minimum to run such things.  Browser cache was nice when 97.5% of all people on the internet were using 14.4k modems but it's un-necesary today with broadband.

I can envision Nintendo offering a bluetooth keyboard that will work with the browser.  Or even as an addon for the Wii-mote.  Now if some clever developer would create media-player software to play media on a DVD-R/RW, USB flash drive, SD card or even a USB radio tuner, I could replace my car stereo with it and be good to go.

PS,
The car is home: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/072050.html

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #855 on: May 12, 2006, 06:36:08 AM »
@diaz

Ok, so now it's now "If you can put opera on it, you can put AROS" instead of the tired old "If you can put linux on it, you can put AOS 4".  :crazy:

(BTW, ever thought that it is you that spells your name wrong?)
Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
Re: Time to celebrate!
« Reply #856 on: May 12, 2006, 07:34:46 AM »
@lou_dias
As a 13 year-old, your mom would not buy you a new PC and let you do whatever you want to it

Depends on  demographics e.g. kids in private schools with laptop PCs.
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Phoenix

• Show only replies by Phoenix
Re: Time to celebrate!
« Reply #857 on: May 12, 2006, 01:16:42 PM »
ps3 ps3 PS3!!!

Wahoo.... PS3 & AMIGA :love:
Rising from the ashes
Base the hardware on the future and use the convictions of the past..

« Reply #858 on: May 12, 2006, 02:56:43 PM »

adolescent wrote:
@diaz

Ok, so now it's now "If you can put opera on it, you can put AROS" instead of the tired old "If you can put linux on it, you can put AOS 4".  :crazy:

(BTW, ever thought that it is you that spells your name wrong?)

It's seems all your comments about "you can't do 'x' on a console" continue to fall apart...and...

Once again you put words in my mouth and continue to ignore facts like the correct spelling of my name.  'Diaz' is a common last name for hispanic people.  I am Portuguese and while you will find that spelling among some Portuguese due to it's proximity to Spain...the more common name is 'Dias'.  To further educate you - the Portuguese people are not considered hispanic.  The term 'hispanic' is clearly defined as referring to people from Spain or other Spanish speaking nations in the Americas.

When are you going to grow out of your 'adolescent' stage?  Due trolls ever grow out of that stage?

Offline adolescent

• Show only replies by adolescent
« Reply #859 on: May 12, 2006, 05:06:11 PM »

lou_dias wrote:

It's seems all your comments about "you can't do 'x' on a console" continue to fall apart...and...

Ok, what does Opera on the Wii and DS have to do with the GCN (even running AROS) at all?  You can run Mozilla on the GCN under Linux NOW I'd imagine.  But, it's still not even comparable to even the most modest of desktop PC.  

(I don't think I ever said you needed a HD to use a web browser...  even WebTV did this back in the 90s with a 33.6 modem!  But, then again, I wouldn't try to make a WebTV box into a computer, even though it has a 64bit RISC CPU :oops:)

None of my arguments about technical limitations of the GCN have fallen apart.  From the lack of mass storage, to the slow shared bus, to the insurmountable memory limitation.

Time to move on.  Bye Amiga.org.  :(

« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »
What do you think has more memory - a Gamecube or a Nintendo DS?
:rtfm:
Yeah, that's what I thought.

It's not the technical limitations of the Gamecube that's the problem, it's the mental limitations of people like you.

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #861 on: May 12, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
Don't have anything to do with this.

Not gonna happen.  :-D

Might as well throw in the idea to put the Amiga OS on an xbox.

Not gonna happen.  :-D

Don't be cheap and buy an Amiga or use WinUAE.

Problem solved.  :-D  :-)

P.S. No flame please.  Only stating the obvious.  :-)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

« Reply #862 on: May 13, 2006, 01:49:10 AM »
@kd7ota

Actually, now that I've tried Aros-Max...I'm just waiting for the SFS filesystem to be native to it and then I will do a native install to a dedicated hard drive.

...since Wii will have a browser, it can fulfill 90% of my goals for AROS on the GC, which was mobile web-surfing and email.  All it's missing is a media player.  Add that and it can replace my car stereo completely (still need the stereo as an amp for the speakers...).

In fact, I think I can officially declare this thread dead.  Nintendo seems to be embracing the openess of the internet where as MS and Sony are simply looking to sell you media through their content delivery system at a price.

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
No title
« Reply #863 on: November 15, 2006, 11:53:25 PM »
Maybe you will get your GC aros port kicked off now that the  efika bounty is set.

Offline _ThEcRoW

• Show only replies by _ThEcRoW
Re: No title
« Reply #864 on: November 16, 2006, 12:44:05 AM »
Oh my god!. Still this post already live? :-o
Amiga 1200 desktop. Apollo 030/50 Mhz 8mb ram + ClassicWB + Wb 3.1
Amiga 500 + ACA500Plus + 16gb CF | ECS Power!!!
C64 DTV + Keyboard mod. Waiting for a 1541 disk ve...
Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz 1gb OSX(tiger)/Morphos 3.7 Registered
C64mini + usb drive with loads of games...

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #865 on: November 16, 2006, 01:32:29 AM »
Argh! Well, it had died peacefully until koaftder resurrected it!!!  :crazy:

- Ali

« Reply #866 on: November 23, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »
I started a more appropriate thread in the AROS forum...already OT opinions are flaring...

ps,
Now what was it I said about GC work done "today" (over a year and a half ago) would carry over to the Wii?

Offline koaftder

« Reply #867 on: December 15, 2006, 12:23:17 PM »
Given that this thread is about consoles and crap:

I have been having a blast with my xbox360 and XNA these few days. Never used c# before, but within an hour i was banging a few dozen sprites around the screen and making use of the gamepad one onthe 360 with xna.

« Reply #868 on: December 15, 2006, 07:55:23 PM »
I made a chee-z game in VB.net 2003 using managed DirectX 9.0.  It's just 2D.  Yeah, sprites are ridiculously simple and seemingly infinite on it.

Problem, you just tap the space bar and 20 bullets fly out in a split second.  I'm using DirectInput....so I need to buffer some things an limit how many shots can be fired in a timeframe.

It's simple, 2 "ships" start in opposite corners.  One just chases you like a homing missle.  Collision detection works there.  Haven't added the bullets to the detection list yet...  I could email it to you.

I have the XNA kit as well, also VB.net '05 Express.  Anything you can do in C# can be done in VB.

Did a small business project for a client.  Haven't touched anything other than that in a month.  Now I'm just torn between playing WoW and Wii.  :roll:

Offline koaftder

« Reply #869 on: May 04, 2007, 10:37:02 PM »
LouDias wins! The new amiga looks an awful lot like a game cube. LOL