Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The need for "Modern PCs"  (Read 5921 times)

Description:

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: The need for "Modern PCs"
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:26 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;715844
I prefer Mac OSX; it has no stupid task bar, it has a menu bar at the top of the screen where I expect it and the close gadget is in the correct corner of the windows... Also my disks/USB drives appear on the desktop when I plug them in and finally, windows don't autorise to the top when I just want to drag them around...

Put simply, it has the Amiga like behaviours I like ;) x

I personally hate all the things you mentioned. I also hate the way all Mac windows look the same and the fact they dont 'stick' to the edges means your screen looks like a mess most of the time. same goes for the desktop. I work for a big publishing company so I know what Im talking about. Im really glad they gave me a pc.

Dont get me wrong there is lots of stuff I dont like about Windows, but at least you can get it to look real tidy and its very stable, too. Much more stable than a Mac or Amiga, tbh.

Personally I also cant understand why people think desktop computers are going to disappear. Sure, for some 'light' users I understand the move to a tablet or notebook. But people that need to do productivity stuff, the occasional game or in general do more than just a Facebook update now and then are much better off with a proper keyboard, mouse, and big / dual screen.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: The need for "Modern PCs"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:56 AM »
To be honest, back in the days it was an amazing OS. But times have changed and it is no longer as flawless or modern. Ofcourse you are entitled to prefer MacOS over Windows. As much as I am entitled to disagree :) Sure enough, some things in MacOS sure do resemble AmigaOS, (the same can be said for Windows and every other operating system) but that doesnt make it the better OS.
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1