Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marketplace Segregation ( see no evil )?  (Read 3839 times)

Description:

Offline DavePTopic starter

• Show only replies by DaveP
Re: Marketplace Segregation ( see no evil )?
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 20, 2003, 02:28:59 PM »
None of the alternative operating systems will change the
world overnight and very few will ever achieve it.

Hate figure. :lol:

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2003, 02:36:43 PM »
That was very profound DaveP.

You need to copyright that saying.   :-D

Offline DeQuevedo

• Show only replies by DeQuevedo
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2003, 03:53:22 PM »
Hi

Well, thats the situation.

IMO there is no natural evolution of the Miggy, there´s no "modern" machine that comes from the very original amiga.

The only we have are machines that belongs the Amiga philosophy, the way of doing the things, the look and fell, but no the original machine.

I think AmigaOne and Pegasos are simply that, the look and feel of the Amiga in a newer and,in any way, "similar" machine.

I´m very dissapointed with that kind of questions.
The Amiga (and in-the-like machines) market is very very little to part it in smaller groups, that each one hates the another. I think this is a stupid war, whom is more amigan, the Oners or the Morphers.

I think it´s stupid since we must contribute to maintain the amiga market alive, not making war between us but joining forces.

Disagreenments will happan always, but would be nice, if every of us can mantain the respect for the other "amiga" plataform.

In the very deep, we, Oners, Morphers and "AmigaClassic" users, are brothers.

AMiGA ROOLZ!
---------------------------------------

-Have Fun infected Incubes!

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2003, 04:00:28 PM »
I dont agree with it either DaveP(sorry the IT was missing had to edit)... people should post wherver they want...thats why we are a community... I do however realise the context of how he wrote that...it was directed(I think) toward the malcontents who chose to post in response to BBRV's post and react rather angrily with personal insults/etc... and I understand what he means...although it would be wrong if people didnt take part in this open discussion just because they fear stepping on a few toes... but stepping on toes just for the fun of it isnt good either.
I think its good when the community is open.. .flame wars or no flame wars...its better then a cold dry environment of censorship...

Offline Casper

• Show only replies by Casper
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2003, 04:40:09 PM »
Something you guys ALWAYS seem to forget is that Gateway still owns the patents/trademarks/etc and they can still (to the best of my understanding) license it out to multiple companies if they choose. I might be wrong, who knows, but since no one is REALLY clarifying anything at this point and AI isn't speaking..... Take it for what you will.

Amiga Inc bought all the trademarks and remaining inventory of amigas from Gateway while Gateway still owns all amiga related patents.  At least that's what the pressrelease from back then says.

Offline JoannaK

• Show only replies by JoannaK
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2003, 04:04:50 AM »
Unfortunately that pressrelease leaves a lot room for specualtion. But they apparently did purchase something.

Only one thing is obvious, McEwen was then totally "excited" about all that happening.  :-P