Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!  (Read 3330 times)

Description:

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: Free S/W H/W Update - Well **** me with a pickled onion!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 11:40:41 AM »
our team allready enquired for it , we need it but i understand others who step out, 060 ppc cards is rare when it comes to a1200.

anyway thoose who mention aros in here should be hanged , AROS is a X86 amiga os project.

give it to someone who loves the community and will stay around and not in UAE or on a Pc..

if its given to any in the active dev teams then i would appriciate it , but giving it to someone who wants to kill off amiga and its os? , bleh.

there u go, now i said it..aros is just another example of why people move to pc (aros is quite ok , but it aint for amiga hw...so bleh... or maybe with this card we would get aros on a real amiga ?...hmmm never crossed me mind....sorry for trolling if so..)

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2003, 11:51:26 AM »
anyway i undwerstand why he dont want to sell the stuff, just give it away..., i am also like that...given away heaps of stuff i dont use (amiga) .

anyway id like it if you considered the donation to be to a dev team which is still in the amiga sector, it will be a hard choice .

i will name a few just in case , Amizilla (mozilla for amigaos) , total chaos Team (a special amiga game project) , the morphos team (one of the key people broke his classic amiga hw) , Eterinity (tales of tamar) , Creative studios , ADA (z5) he has one of the best scene oriented sites for amiga demos and he have no ppc (a ppc would help him alot on making the site better).

hope this helps abit , i blew up at the aros people but thats because of various reasons and one is like i said, its an X86 (PC) project.

cheers and good luck with your choice.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2003, 12:15:55 PM »
anyway thoose who mention aros in here should be hanged , AROS is a X86 amiga os project.

I don't get your problem, AROS is NOT x86, it's multiplatform.

The user can choose what hardware they run it on. AROS is about choice... Why don't you get off your arse and help the PPC port?

You won't because you are all talk.  :-x

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2003, 12:17:37 PM »
Yeah, I like NitrousB and lempkee's idea actually, now I think of it.
My vote is with:

[color=000099]MOZILLA![/color][/b]
I like Amigas

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2003, 12:35:36 PM »
The problem with Mozilla is that the project is now dead, and that a web brower is not going to attract developers to the Amigoid platform.

What ever we do, right now our priority to be to attract developers to MOS/AROS/OS4, which are all basily compatible.

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2003, 12:39:22 PM »
I say stick on ebay so then there would be a bidding war and i would place down the "winning" bid! It still seems a bit fishy to me why you would not want money for the PPC card and give it away for free. Blizz PPC cards are rare and you could make quite a mint on it.

Then what you do with the money is up to you. What are the specs of the PPC. If more powerful than mine, then i would probably sell the former one. If i get it that is anyway.
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline haymiggan

• Show only replies by haymiggan
    • http://www.amiga.dk
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2003, 12:39:33 PM »

I was one of the first ones to e-mail you i think, but I'd also like to recommened the Mozilla project too, or give it to Hyperion so maybe they could speed up the process of OS4 for BPPC :)

Cheers,
Povl

BPPC 210/060, 256MB, ZIV + Mediator ZIV, Spider II, Voodoo 3, Terratech 512i, MAS Player PRO, Pixelview TV Pro, X-Surf II, Kickflash OS4, VARIO, SilverSurfer, Fast ATA ZIV, Int.SD/FF, Seagate Barracuda V 60GB, 12x CD/RW, 52X CD/R, Punchillos III, PSX-A...

Offline CU_AMiGA

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2003, 12:40:46 PM »
@Cyberus

OI! YOU STOLE MY QUOTE!  :-x
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2003, 12:40:47 PM »
I must confess - I have no idea what the status of the Amizilla project is/was, it just sounded good:-o
I think pickled_onion ought to just flog the stuff and be done with it...if its just going to cause more bickering and open up old wounds again.
I like Amigas

Offline lempkee

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2003, 01:20:19 PM »
bloodline: sure the problem is easy, its X86 and i dont have a X86 and never will.. _=)

and todo a ppc port? hmm sounds ok enough but i rather stick my work into os4 , atleast for now.

so what other ports are there atm ? , i have only heard of X86 version and i am pretty sure it will stay there until there is somesort of an final compilation.

beyond that i aint a fan of opensourced stuff, its like working in a dirty kitchen, with all due respect but thats my opinion and i am pretty sure alot of other people think the same.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2003, 01:25:27 PM »
just to state that, mozilla is under the axe atm and it seems commerical browsers will be allowed in the race aswell, ie ibrowse or voyager, they just need to add the lot into thoose guis and they can have the money donated.., or something like that.

also they are considering aweb , which i think will be stupid , the gui suck and even with it beeing OPEN SOURCE it have stood still since.

i hope that ibrowse gets it though since its a browser which is good enough + still produced for amiga , voyager is a morphos only product atm since the author doesnt have a classic ppc anymore (they claim)   ..lets see :D

cheers

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2003, 01:50:32 PM »
so what other ports are there atm ? , i have only heard of X86 version and i am pretty sure it will stay there until there is somesort of an final compilation.

There is an Amiga 68K port, which is able to repalce AmigaOS (this is old, maybe you would like to freshen it up?).

There is a Dragonball port (The Dragonball being the Mobile 68K used in the Palm) which able to boot up on the Palm.

There is a PPC port, being worked on by Michal Shultz, though he is reworking the PCI driver (so that it will work on both the x86 and the PPC) right now. One can even download his work and boot an Openfirmware based PPC machine right now :-)

And there is the x86 port, which is the most complete since many developers have an x86 machine.

Opensource is the future, you may not like it, you don't have to... but there is no way to stop people sharing and working together. I want to be free of one company/person telling me what I can and can't do.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2003, 01:57:36 PM »
aros is quite ok , but it aint for amiga hw...

With all due respect, OS4 doesn't run on Amiga hardware any more (or less) than AROS does!?!?!

AROS can use parts of the original Amiga OS (the current Amiga port of AROS simply replaces the exec.library and and other parts like that), just like OS4 does, only OS4 can only run on the PPC, AROS can run on either (since you can choose).

OS4 runs on commodity hardawre with a PPC processor which is source compatible (I assume) with AmigaOS programs, how is that idfferent from AROS?

Johan Grip has just got his A3000 working again and is keen to continue work on finishing the AROS 68k port.

-Edit- Lempkee I don't want to sound harsh, but I used to think exactly like you about 4 years ago, then it suddenly struck me that it deson't really matter?!?!  :-o

Offline cyka_delik

• Show only replies by cyka_delik
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2003, 02:14:58 PM »
Sorry to PM u pickled onione man.

My friend Ryu would so dearly love to take delivery of you PPC card as it will enable him to more effciently helpout more amiga users.

He usually spends most of his day helping amiga users. You PPC carld will be a great help to him.
It\\\'s the attack of the umper lumpers... run for your lives.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2003, 02:17:37 PM »
The idea of donating it to Hyperion is the best idea so far imho. Perhaps OS4 for BlizzPPC might see the light if day after all, that way :-).

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 15, 2003, 02:30:13 PM »
well with a bit of luck I will be able to help betatest OS4 on my BPPC.
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver