Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AMIGAKIT.COM.....RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! HANDS DOWN.......  (Read 9279 times)

Description:

Offline baxyp

• Show all replies
Re: AMIGAKIT.COM.....RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!! HANDS DOWN.......
« on: February 15, 2007, 04:34:48 PM »
I must be one of the few then who is not happy with amigakit ...
I ordered a 1200 built-to-order with 4G HDD. First, I did wait almost 2 months to get it, it was somewhat excusable, because christmas was near and all. But when I opened the box there were few things that really pissed me off:  mouse had a broken left button and was missing those pads which keep it sliding, the included 4G HDD went broken after 2hrs (started clicking and did not boot anymore). Plastic blind was missing from back of the computer, a screw was missing from case, floppy drive made horrible screeching noise, because it was not correctly installed and was loose. All screws were missing from D connectors at the back.
I was able to fix most of these things, I bought myself a new HDD and I found an old A500 mouse, but I expected more for that money ...
On the bright side it has nice white case with no yellowing at all, motherboard also seems like new, and works well.

I did not really expect that from them, I have read a lot of positive stuff about amigakit, and I did buy an ADF transfer kit from them once, with no problems at all.
A500+ 2M Chip/4M Fast GVP A500-HD8+ 40M,PC286
A1200 2M Chip/64M Fast, Blizzard 1260@50, 2,5\\" IDE HD 40G

Offline baxyp

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
No, I have not made any contact with them after I got my Amiga. It seemed rather pointless, although I have 6 months guarantee, I am not really willing to send the mouse or my Amiga back to them, I'm quite far away from UK. It is much easier to walk into local shop and buy a new hdd, few screws and fix these things by myself. I'm just too impatient to use it, too :)

Offline baxyp

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 06:16:28 PM »
I should have contacted amigakit first of course, they are actually very supportive as I have now learned. I will get the plastic blind and new mouse, other stuff I have already ok.
As for talking negative: it was my impression when I received the package, it was sent out to me like that. My post did not concern their support in any way, because I simply have not had any previous experience with it. I had in fact already almost forgotten about the whole thing until I saw this praising thread.
But anyway, it seems things turn out ok, so if you have problems, contact them first, do not be so impatient with your new Amiga as me :)

Cheers