Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Could someone test Aros on genuine Amiga?  (Read 8580 times)

Description:

Offline tohtoris

• Show all replies
Re: Could someone test Aros on genuine Amiga?
« on: April 11, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »
Hey,

I tried the .zip-package on my A3000 (040). I unzipped (on the amiga) the package to empty 1G PFS3 partition that was set as bootable. During the installation I noticed the same problems with the packages as some others: unzipping complained about files already exiting (I used the option overwrite all). Also the first boot did not work as all the executables are missing executable bit. Then I did set the executable bit to the most obvious files (C, system, tools, wbstartup etc.) myself and tried booting again.

This time I got the Aros bootscreen and was able to enter the bootmenu. But it seems that the current setup does not recognize the A3000 scsi controller. The only bootable device seems to be df0: . Any idea how to/if it is possible to boot with A3000 scsi?

Offline tohtoris

• Show all replies
Re: Could someone test Aros on genuine Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:46:09 PM »
Well, i did some testing and using Chris Tonys patched scsi.device (a3000 version) and setting it as a parameter for the arosbootstrap, I was able to get it booting. I also tried the mntgfx.card P96 card file to get va2000 support. I was not able to get the boot logo displayed with the va2000, but it might work when actually booting the os. But currently the boot ends up after some time to Workbench screen with a small window reading Mount FA... Error (Attachment).