Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA site updated  (Read 14854 times)

Description:

Offline TheDaddy

• Show only replies by TheDaddy
    • http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Re: CommodoreUSA site updated
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »
You people forget one thing:

True Amigans are not the target market here, they are targeting ex-long-gone users and new ones who have never heard of Commodore or Amiga. It's like when Apple decided to leave the PPC and the purists got enraged. And what did Apple do? Apple stuck two fingers up in the air and carried on.

CUSA want to make money by using the name they claim they own (licensed), end of story.

To many it sounds like a not very honourable, devious scam, to others it sounds like any other business.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »
Quote from: Belial6;598678
People can pick apart CUSA all they want, but what they are stating as their plan is both attractive, and actually feasible.  The prototype photos of the C64 case shows that they are serious about actually rebuilding the brand.

No, it isn't going to compete against Mac or the PC.  That ship has sailed.  I know that if the PC64 makes it to market at an only slightly unreasonable price, I will buy one.  It is certainly more practical than my MiniMig, and it doesn't fall prey to the MiniMigs fatal flaw of not having a reasonable case.  Looking at the prototype cases for the PC64, I have to say, it looks really nice.  I'm not sure about the F-Keys being replaced by media keys, but if they are not already remappable, that should just be a software issue.

I am honestly surprised that they haven't already just said screw it, and decided to forget the whole thing.  I am glade they didn't.

Thanks Belial6,
A little bit of sanity. ""I will buy one." Yep, I'd be willing to bet you're not alone.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »
Iggy, come on man... Speculation or opinion...?

Facts :

CUSA copied a whole webpage's text word for word from apple's website.

CUSA announced 3 all in one pc's and only ever shipped one to my knowledge, to one verified customer, BIGBENAUSSIE who posted here in defense of them like crazy, and later somehow became their "chief technical officer"

All 3 promised "NEW" commodore all in one computers were just made by someone else, with commodore stickers just slapped on them, at least that was their plan.

Call their phone #, its a voicemail box.

CUSA show an old rendered amiga picture (used without permission of the original artist) and claim its their new "AMIGA" product.

CUSA show pictures of rendered computers that they stole off the internet and announce more new computers planned for 2011.

CUSA show pictures of cases they got from the internet and announce MORE new computers...

CUSA's owner trashed AROS like crazy, then makes announcements that his new amiga pc's will be fully aros compliant. (How it appears he changed his mind on that, since it costs money to get drivers made)

CUSA keep announcing new products but never deliver.

These are not opinions Iggy, these are facts, all verifiable facts.
There is no opinion here, these are facts, this is what they've done so far
so don't be surprised when people are negative to them and their big announcements.

Like many in the world of amiga vapourware that hype things like crazy, they just keep making announcement after annoucement, hyping new things forgetting that people still remember they never delivered the last things they were promising.

Now on to opinion:

At best, he'll make crappy pc's with ubuntu with an amiga theme and amiga emulator.

Steven

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 09:13:48 PM »
Quote from: spihunter;598621
Isn't that backround image on the "Workbench 5" page yet another stolen 3D image from aminet?

Who the fuck cares? Really? Like every red/white boing ball on every web site around the world during the last 15 years was pixeled from scratch anyway? Did you really paint your entire avatar from scratch, or did you re-use some Canadian flag Internet graphics? I sure as hell didn't paint *my* avatar from scratch, I blatantly "stole" it from the title scene of the movie "the butterfly effect" and resized it. And "stolen" BTW? You mean it isn't there on Aminet anymore (freely accessible for everyone to download)?

I love the way these guys are spamming/trolling the hell out of Amigaworld lately....

And I love the way some people simply can't stand this new Commodore company trying to finally making some sensible use of the Amiga trade mark. They have licensed it. It's within their full right to do so.

I'll wait to see what will come out of this, if anything at all. Maybe Commodore's new Amiga's will be something interesting. Maybe not. Who knows? But they currently haven't got any product on the market AFAIK, yet some of you people really goes out of your way in what only can be described as some Witch Prosecution Process.

Anyway, can't say I really care. But it's really fun to watch you get so darned triggered as soon as even the tiniest message about anything Amiga comes from Commodore! :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »
Quote from: Forcie;598627
Thats right. Its just a bunch of Chinese HTPC cases that have been around for a while. I guess they'll just slap some stickers on them.

http://www.aumro.com/products.html

Ah, yes those were the ones I spoke of earlier! Looks very nice!

Looks *much* better than A-EON's third party cases if you ask me... :)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »
"Fact" - You're still voicing your unsupported opinion.
And "fact" you're still a jag off.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Forcie

• Show only replies by Forcie
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 09:20:03 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;598695
Looks *much* better than A-EON's third party cases if you ask me... :)

Agreed. And at least C=USA is not trying to make off-the-shelf XMOS chips anyone can pop into their PC via USB for a couple of bucks pass as "custom chips, just like in the old days". :)

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 09:22:45 PM »
@takemehomegrandma,

I think you have me wrong. I have nothing against these making new Amiga PC at all. I was just pointing out how they like to take complete graphics from other places and freely use them.

My logo was done by a graphics artist that used legal paid for clip art and it's a mix of several different things.

Quote from: takemehomegrandma;598694
Who the fuck cares? Really? Like every red/white boing ball on every web site around the world during the last 15 years was pixeled from scratch anyway? Did you really paint your entire avatar from scratch, or did you re-use some Canadian flag Internet graphics? I sure as hell didn't paint *my* avatar from scratch, I blatantly "stole" it from the title scene of the movie "the butterfly effect" and resized it. And "stolen" BTW? You mean it isn't there on Aminet anymore (freely accessible for everyone to download)?

And I love the way some people simply can't stand this new Commodore company trying to finally making some sensible use of the Amiga trade mark. They have licensed it. It's within their full right to do so.

I'll wait to see what will come out of this, if anything at all. Maybe Commodore's new Amiga's will be something interesting. Maybe not. Who knows? But they currently haven't got any product on the market AFAIK, yet some of you people really goes out of your way in what only can be described as some Witch Prosecution Process.

Anyway, can't say I really care. But it's really fun to watch you get so darned triggered as soon as even the tiniest message about anything Amiga comes from Commodore! :)

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;598686
To many it sounds like a not very honourable, devious scam, to others it sounds like any other business.

Actually I think it is a scam by big business to dilute the brand before it can find any footing in a next-generation Amiga.  How do you think that Amiga Inc. could pay all of their lawyers while not producing anything useful?

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
Quote from: spihunter;598629
I'm guessing that "Workbench 5" is going to be some kind of Windows 7 or Ubuntu theme. The emulation will be a couple Commodore icons on the desktop that will launch a preconfigrued WinUAE and C64 emulation.

I doubt it will be Windows 7. Most certainly Linux based.

And hopefully Workbench 5 will run Amiga programs (and C64 programs) in a *seamless* way, and have everything pre-configured and set up in a nice and convenient way! :)

I'm not sure who is going to buy any of this stuff?

Any old (but gone since long) Amiga fan, remembering the Commodore 64 and Amiga era, wanting a cool machine to run and re-experience all the old C64 and Amiga software on a modern machine, that on top of the retro emulation stuff is also a *real* computer that you can do *real* computing stuff on?

You can't dispute the "geek factor" of the Commodore 64! I think it can sell! :)

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »
Unsupported facts? Everything I wrote can be verified by internet caches
and searches. BTW, I just called their phone # again... Yeah its still a voicemail box.

You know last time a user was so blindly posting such positive things about them on this forum, He became their "chief technical officer". (or was before he even started posting) I'm starting to wonder who you are, or really are. If your really truly genuine in your support I'm sorry, I just don't see how you can ignore the history there so far.

Iggy, come on man if you were an on the level fair guy, you would at least concede that it looks really shady for them so far. Ask any person knowledgable on this forum, my fact list is not unsupported opinion, its 100% the facts of what has happened so far.

I feel sorry for you if you really don't see that.

Steven

Offline Iggy

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 09:37:25 PM »
Quote from: Forcie;598699
Agreed. And at least C=USA is not trying to make off-the-shelf XMOS chips anyone can pop into their PC via USB for a couple of bucks pass as "custom chips, just like in the old days". :)

A good point. Perhaps the days of proprietary chips differentiating products are gone.

If the new 'Amiga' uses off the shelf components, is that so bad?

Offline Iggy

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;598707
Unsupported facts? Everything I wrote can be verified by internet caches
and searches. BTW, I just called their phone # again... Yeah its still a voicemail box.

You know last time a user was so blindly posting such positive things about them on this forum, He became their "chief technical officer". (or was before he even started posting) I'm starting to wonder who you are, or really are. If your really truly genuine in your support I'm sorry, I just don't see how you can ignore the history there so far.

Iggy, come on man if you were an on the level fair guy, you would at least concede that it looks really shady for them so far. Ask any person knowledgable on this forum, my fact list is not unsupported opinion, its 100% the facts of what has happened so far.

I feel sorry for you if you really don't see that.

Steven

Yes, it LOOKS shady, but the impression doesn't fit the facts. If it were a con, then there would be some boone to the con artist. Here there isn', so until proveed otherwise, I withhold my opinion.

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
Quote from: TheDaddy;598654
I am confused...

Anyone can do what they are doing...

...it's pretty clear it's something (an emulator) running on top of Windows or Linux, again, anyone can do that.

...and they are doing it so that you *won't have to*! And with an *official* Commodore Amiga brand, for those who are into those kind of things! :)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;598713
...and they are doing it so that you *won't have to*! And with an *official* Commodore Amiga brand, for those who are into those kind of things! :)

Yes, 'official branding' has never been important to me. I use MorphOS with Amiga ftp and scanner software and I never concerned myself as to whether or not I'm using a 'real Amiga'.

« Reply #44 from previous page: December 14, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;598655
"Once he starts shipping product (which I'm sure he will), he'll finally silence a large portion of the naysayers."

Hey iggy, did you forget about the 2 or 3 other keyboard all in one computers which he was hyping for months and then never shipped?

Oh, and I remember a company called "A-eon", that made their entry in one enormous hype boom! That amateurish looking website that dropped hints day by day. Like "click on the dot over the i and you get to yet another secret page" or whatever they were up to. Building up a hype that something special is about to happen. Then nothing. Later a promise for a release in summer. The summer came and went. No products. Only a pre-payment scheme. Months goes by, and we are actually closing in to a one year anniversary of complete void. Reminds me of Troika's "Amy'05". First one year passed, then another. Then suddenly some people started their good-old falsification of history behavior, claiming "but the '05 was never a year, it merely was some random number that looked cool". Yada yada. Well, at least Commodore announces what processor they are using in their Amiga's. ;)

What have they shipped so far? Some zpc's with commodore stickers slapped on them?

So they actually delivered something then? :-O

Well, I remember a company selling Teron motherboards with an AmigaOne sticker slapped on them! But wait, they didn't even have the stickers!

Ah well...

With that kind of track record already, I doubt any of this new stuff they are trying to hype will ever arrive.

X1000. Timberwolf. USB2. OS4.1.3/4.2. A few picks from a very long list. Aren't we used to hype as a track record as of now? What's new? Really?