Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attacking my first idea as a scam...  (Read 8557 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRuleTopic starter

• Show all replies
Attacking my first idea as a scam...
« on: May 12, 2014, 04:14:59 AM »
(Moderators note: Thread is referring to the following failed crowd-sourcing campaign = https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/amiga-portable-console )

You guys attacked my first idea as some sort of scam. Honestly, that was not my intention...I am very new in the concept of project and having someone to donate money to make the project a successful. I am no artist and have no idea the financial requirement to make this project and have no idea the difficult and actually the demand behind it.

This is why ones the first donation from indiegogo stops the money will be returned to everyone who donated to that project. But this time I want to do it right from the start.

I have an idea for another project and instead of throwing some two lines of drawing and throw my idea and some random number for donation I want to do it here first correctly. I want to throw my idea first, see the demand behind it and ask for help for people who are good at 3D rendering and then get a statistically number of an accurate amount required to make this project happen. I want to see if people like it and if this is something should even be done. I am no scammer and nor do I want to take people's money and run away with it.

So here is my idea!

I want to develop a complete 8-bit system that have a sexy keyboard case just like an A500, C64c or MSX Wavy. This computer however is different in that it have two cartridge slot and the slot inside of it allows you to hook up an MSX game or NES game and you can play either NES or MSX games into this computer. The computer have the 6502 CPU in it and it allows you to play MSX, C64, Apple II, and NES games all in one shot. There will be VIC II, SID and all the other chips in it. I also realized that MSX, C64 and Apple II all use BASIC as a programming language.

This computer will have a special BASIC that have all the similar commands of these three systems plus the commands of those three systems in one BASIC language. This means you can run all BASIC games or apps from these systems in this one without needing to modify the program or port it for this machine. It will have all the RAMs and registries of each of these three different systems in place with this new system..thus all programs for NES, C64, Apple II and MSX will run natively on this machine without the required need of emulation in any regard.

If you put the 1541 disk drive on this machine it will run c64 games on it using this new BASIC OS for this machine. If I hook an apple ii disk drive external and turn the computer on..it will boot from the apple ii disk drive and run any apple ii programs natively in this machine. If I put a NES cartridge or MSX cartridge it will boot directly from that cartridge first.

Also with this BASIC program you can develop NES programs and compile it for the real NES..it will compile the program in .NES rom image and then you can use it on real NES or emulator NES. I am thinking of having a special BASIC OS to make development easier. Now this is all ideas I am putting it here and I am wondering what you guys think? Do you like it? Give me your ideas, input, how to start such project and if someone really likes the idea; then I would really like a 3D render to help me render good looking case and so on...

Any input would be nice...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:20:06 AM by SysAdmin »