Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Learning coding (for a new career) on MorphOS  (Read 14632 times)

Description:

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show all replies
Re: Learning coding (for a new career) on MorphOS
« on: September 28, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »
Something I've seen coming along nicely, in addition to the ones mentioned, is Node.JS.  That's server-side JavaScript.  If you want to learn JavaScript and some of the OOP frameworks for the client-side in the web browser, then Node.JS should be a comfortable addition as well.  (Before I get any farther, note that it doesn't run on MorphOS yet.)

I'm roughly following the "MEAN stack" development track for web development for my educational path.  (That's MongoDB, Express.JS, Angular.JS, and Node.JS.)  The only thing wrong with this picture of the future is that there are too many people using SQL databases that are stable as rocks and nearly as slow.  I like MongoDB in conjunction with Node.JS because it stores its documents as JSON files (stands for JavaScript Object Notation, a data-only subset of JavaScript) converted to the BSON binary form.  This makes the database so much faster than SQL.  Another thing to consider about MongoDB is that it uses drivers rather than a custom language (SQL stands for Server Query Language) so you can access the features directly from Node.JS or C++ on a supported OS.  One reason I bring this up is that MongoDB, Inc. offers free training online at the MongoDB University website.