Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I still like MorphOS more.  (Read 16568 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: I still like MorphOS more.
« on: August 30, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;733023
I've been playing around with a system I'm giving to a developer, and while it won't surprise any of you, its renewed my faith in my OS of choice.
On a system that would run OSX slowly, MorphOS flies.
The interface is clean (and reminds me of what Amiga might have grown into).

Yeah, I own a legacy machine, but when I want to actually do something relevant I move to one of my MorphOS systems.

Looking forward to ver. 3.2, G5 support, tinyGL support for the R300, and Cinnamon Writer (and later even Libre Office, possibly).

Amiga fans ought to be pleased that without a major supporter, the market continues to develop.

Few other old systems have seen anything like this (although the Sinclair and Atari ST developments are cool too).

It is times like this back in the good old daze that I would tear this writing up, because it was on a Apple product, but, like an old bulldog that is getting to old to fight, I will have to agree, that morphos is becoming quite a system, not as good yet as Amiga Dos 1.0 but improving where I might actually pay for and start using it on my mini mac, since ppc linux isn't quite up to par (runs slowly) but the cost of this move is still about 10 to 1. MorphOS still costs about $150 dollars and my mini mac cost $15. It worked ok with whatever rotten core OS it had on it, but way slower than my Amiga, linux is slow but at least it is free, the demo of morphOS seemed fast from what I could see given the time limit that I could play with it, but not enough info to really test it, and AROS works great, fast and is free, but I can't get it to get on the darn internet, which morphOS on the mini mac did with no problem.

So Iggy I agree with you looking at the test results that I have, AROS needs to incorporate just a little more easy ness in its set up for the internet, which on most machines today is automatic.

Good call
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better