Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Forever ADF path  (Read 807 times)

Description:

Offline mortisTopic starter

• Show only replies by mortis
Amiga Forever ADF path
« on: December 10, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was hoping that someone here could help me out with a quick question.

I can't figure out how to select a different path for the adf files. I'm not sure that I am making sense with this but let me try to explain.

I have the adf's on a usb key or on another cd and would like to start Amiga Forever live from the cd. When I go to select the adf the menu doesn't give a directory structure. The menu only allows you to type in the name of the adf. Does anyone know how to specify the path at that menu? I assume it wants the exact path like so: \mnt\sda1\adfs\adfname.adf. The biggest issue I am having is that I can't get AF to recognize a hdd partition, an usb memory stick, or a different CD. I am not even sure that I can mount a USB key in that environment since it is not detected and I can't get to a Linux prompt.

Thanks all,
Mortis

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
Re: Amiga Forever ADF path
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »
In the WinUAE application included with AmigaForever, there should be a small button gadget to one side of the ADF text gadget.  It will pop up a file requester for you.  I think it is marked with an elipsis (...) .

-edit-
After reading that you're using the Knoppix Linux LiveCD feature of AmigaForever, that changes things.  I don't know if Knoppix contains the drivers for USB drives.  Maybe you'd be better off burning a custom CD that will boot to a version of Linux that has USB drivers installed or don't boot from the CD. :oops: