Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pegasos to ship without MorphOS  (Read 5899 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: Pegasos to ship without MorphOS
« on: May 30, 2002, 08:38:32 PM »
Neko said:

> This is the MonkeyOS dream team? Good luck!

Well the Pegasos gets released on Saturday according to Thendic, so so we'll see just how good the hardware is at least. Then when MorphOS
gets released you can judge for yourself how good it is.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 08:44:42 PM »
@Kronos

Funny the end user version will supposedly be available saturday, but they never bothered to ship a developer board to Hyperion eh? Let me guess the end user board will be shipping and they will continue to ignore Hyperion?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 09:18:46 PM »
Someone claiming to be "Raquel Velasco and Bill Buck" posted to ANN:

We will post a Press Release tomorrow on the Thendic-France website. The first Pegasos computer has been shipped. MorphOS is installed and it will run Yellow Dog Linux too. The penguinppc.org post does not fully include all the information we forwarded yesterday. The first production units are being delivered to a US based customer. Beginning next week, resellers will be able to order the Pegasos motherboard. The minimum order is ten units at 550 Euros/unit. A Developer Program will also be announced shortly. In May, Thendic-France hired three new developers to exclusively work on the Pegasos. Interested and qualified developers are welcome to contact us directly.

One hand doesnt know what the other hand is doing. So they are claiming Saturday is M-Day :-?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2002, 09:57:46 PM »
Tall Amigan
a member of A.S.K.

Nice nick:-) Just curious, how tall?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 10:09:45 PM »
More from Neko:

Apparently they do have MorphOS, but it definitely isn't MorphOS 1.0 and this doesn't mean you can buy one (Pegasos/MorphOS) from KDH.

Thendic sure are confident.

So it sounds like Thendic is bending the truth? This is more confusing than an Amiga Inc announcement

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2002, 12:02:53 AM »
Holy Crap! anyone been over to the Forum and News discussion, if you can call it that, on ANN. I think I just found the volcanic pit that Anikin Skywalker falls in.

Yeah! Now that's what I call a bitch fight!!
BTW bitch=female dog. Just wanted to say that before someone calls me sexist;-)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2002, 04:57:16 AM »
@bhoggett

BEWARE! That's a powderkeg!! I'd like to comment but with kid gloves;-)

"legal action had been taken, then you, as someone in possession of inside knowledge about the case, would not be permitted to comment until that legal action was resolved."

That is an IF and a WHEN legal action is taken. Until legal action is taken he should be able to comment I'd think.

"Then again, conviction by mob rule/rumour is much cheaper than doing it in a court of law, wouldn't you say?"

That's a bit sharp don't you think?

"Don't you think it is high time you minded your own business and let Amiga Inc and bPlan sort out their differences amongst themselves?"

Considering Hyperion is contracted to do OS4.0, IMO they have a major interest in this whole issue, don't you think?

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2002, 08:05:29 PM »
Yes, except that all such comments should be seen as allegations and nothing more. Last time I looked, "innocent until proven guilty" was still a cornerstone of the modern justice system in most civilised countries.

I think most people see it as just allegations, even if in their view the available evidence is pretty convincing.

Not at all. Have you read ANN lately? (yes, I know you have) Can you honestly say that the mob hasn't already tried, convicted and sentenced MorphOS on the basis of no more evidence than a few allegations by significantly placed people?

Mob? Jack Me and Corpse? Two people now make a mob?  :-P The problem is no matter what 'camp' you want to look at there are going to be a few very vocal children. 'Shawn' makes legal threats against Amiga Inc quite often:-D

Why? I haven't read anything about MophOS being AmigaOS4 compatible, have you?

OS4.0? No. OS3.X absolutely, I won't elaborate more on my opinion because it would light the fuse.

What I see is the head of a company making unsubstantiated legal accusations against a potential competitor in order to sway public opinion towards his own product.

Unsubstantantiated? IMHO that's a bit of a stretch. IMO there is a reason MOS is not released yet. RS and company are not fools. The original plan was for MOS1.0 to require a complete OS3.1 install. If that would have happened a law suit would for sure have occured. It seems MOS has been delayed this long, and even longer to remove all AOS reliance. That to me is an admission on their behalf that MOS would not have survived a legal battle. But that's just my opinion.

I bet he's far less forthcoming if you were to ask for a rough estimate on when AOS4 will be released (Q3 2002? Q4? Later?)

Why give a deadline if you cannot garantee it? IIRC MOS was supposed to be released over a year ago? Personally I think if OS4.0 ships by Q3 2002 it will be an amazing feat.