Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brutal Doom  (Read 1711 times)

Description:

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
Brutal Doom
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »
So I've been playing a lot of brutal doom (awesome game btw) lately often for hours well past midnight. Last night when I went to bed and then tried to sleep i kept on having flash images of the cyber demon firing missiles at me. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I can't decide.

Also, while we are in dream state analysis mode - what does it mean when you dream of the cyber demon firing missiles at you? Is there a meaning to this?

As for the game my biggest gripe is when you run out of ammo it automatically switches you to the rifle weapon. This has the consequence of being pinned in the corner with a dozen monsters attacking me at the same time I'm trying to scroll the mouse wheel to the shotgun or plasma gun but instead select the rocket launcher and then accidentally blow myself up. Really annoying. Also I don't like how it doesn't tell you how many bullets you have left in your clip/magazine.

What I do like about this game is how authentic it is to the original. They modded it only with modern tech standards such as music, reloading feature, mouse look, mouse aim, iron sight, better monster AI, textures and sprites, etc.

I also love the level design. The mazes are awesome. I only now realise how smart this game was. No extrapolation, not cut scenes, simple graphics that force you to fill in the gaps. No linear game play.

Doom is the best game ever made!
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
Re: Brutal Doom
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »
Uggh. I have almost made through level one on Thy Flesh Consumed on Ultra Violence. This game is awesome hard! I kicked the Spider Demons butt hole for eternity earlier - he ain't so bad...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.