Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Playing networked ADoom between my A1200 and WinUAE  (Read 1343 times)

Description:

Offline rockersukeTopic starter

• Show only replies by rockersuke
Playing networked ADoom between my A1200 and WinUAE
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:52 PM »
Hello!

So I have a simple working adhoc wifi LAN between my 030 A1200 and my Win7 PC using Amigakit's Easynet kit. It does a pretty fine job for accessing shared folders in the PC from miggy side and doing some basic web-surfing with Aweb in a 3.1 setup, which was all I expected of it... untill now!

Today I feel a bit more ambitious and would like playing networked ADoom games between my A1200 and WinUAE in the PC... if possible at all!

Just marking the bdsocket and uaenet.device (with WinPcap installed as suggested) options inside WinUAE won't do the job. ADoom in the A1200 seems to recognise the PC side as it states it is either "listening" or "sending a start signal" (depending on -net 1 or -net 2 parameter) but ADoom inside WinUAE won't reach that point, exiting with a "can't find" amiga machine message.

So I guess I'm missing something. Should I install AmiTCP in the WinUAE emulated Amiga? That was not necessary for web-surfing from WinUAE, but perhaps is required for this. Any other thing I should know? Have someone done this before? As I said, I'm not even sure wether it can actually be done or it's just my imagination running wild ^_^'

My ultimate goal is doing some networked ADoom betwwen my A1200 and a wifi equipped netbook I'm likely to buy soon so I could bring some Amiga-Doom fun to local Retrogaming meetings. Any help would be much appreciated!

--

Offline Mad-Matt

• Show only replies by Mad-Matt
    • http://www.madmatt.cjb.net
Re: Playing networked ADoom between my A1200 and WinUAE
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:10:22 AM »
I didnt think winuae would let you use both net options at the same time but ...oh well.  When using winpcap, youll need to use a tcp stack like amitcp/genesis/miami and uaenet.device (make sure enabled in winuae) will be availble to use as the sana2 driver for the tcp stack.  This will implant the amiga with bsdsocket.lib so make sure this option is dissabled in winuae.

Then configure just like an actual amiga and i think youll be good to go, and i can see a reason why the doom link wouldnt work.   Youll also be able to browse through this link too.

Offline rockersukeTopic starter

• Show only replies by rockersuke
Re: Playing networked ADoom between my A1200 and WinUAE
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
I see where I was misguided, thanks a lot! I'm now in the process of installing amitcp in my WinUAE setup. I'm rather newbie into that, so it will take some time. Easynet made it eer... easy! in my real A1200, but it expects its own hardware (or so I think) to be present so I can't use it on WinUAE side. I'll let all of you know about my progress!

--