Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone still use ADoom?  (Read 2984 times)

Description:

Offline Im>bE

• Show only replies by Im>bE
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalChaosTheGame
Re: Anyone still use ADoom?
« Reply #29 from previous page: October 16, 2003, 09:54:54 PM »
>Which games do you play, Im>bE? Being an intellectual interested in game developement and all?

Games that require thought,
not reflexes.

>Gotta love it when a guy uses a girl as their avatar though.

I think that is annoying,
they should rather use a pic of themselves.

Or a fake pic of a handsome muscular guy.
That would be swell. :)

Hopelessly addicted to the world\'s best strategy game.
Total Chaos on YouTube

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2003, 10:27:56 PM »
A  handsome muscular guy on Amiga.org... sure oook.

Faces tell nothing anyhow, we still don't know exactly how large there asses are, which could be a nightmare, not to mention groins that stick out further than there feet! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Mad-Matt

• Show only replies by Mad-Matt
    • http://www.madmatt.cjb.net
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2003, 12:39:23 AM »
DoomAttack is faster on my BlizzPPC 040/25. faster then 68k ver of adoom that is and ya get all the other extras the doomattack provides such as freelook.

To get best speed out of it, youll have to mess with the gfx plugins and see which best suits ya system, its far better then adoom in my opinion.

Addom pretty much keeps to the original dooom.doom2 game, adds nothing more but tries to stay completely compatable with all doom stuff.  Doomattack started adding wonderful extras that gave a reason to actually fire up the ole game again.

As for RTGMaster, i dont remember it requiring it, as the game used its own blitter gfx plugins,  but maybe there was options to utilise rtgmaster instead, i cant remember.

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2003, 03:55:27 AM »

DoomMaster wrote:
Yes, Doom 2 is my favorite game of all time.  But I only play it on its native platform- the PC.  The normal PC version of Doom 2 is the best version of the game.  My Doom2 wads are world famous.  You can play me, The DoomMaster, on the Kali game server.  I play on Kali EVERY DAY and I am one of the original Kali members.  My other screen names are FLY, Jasper and Mr. DongZilla.     :-D

HAHAHAH! The way he uses words is just hilarious

*Crowd claps.*
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline CU_AMiGATopic starter

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2003, 05:33:27 PM »
I can't seem to get hold of DoomAttack anymore. Not from Aminet or anywhere. :-(
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline CU_AMiGATopic starter

• Show only replies by CU_AMiGA
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2003, 03:43:33 PM »
I downloaded DoomAttack yesterday (on older version) and managed to get it running (it liked my setup!). I was very impressed with what i saw. Doom in a window! :-) I immediatly emailed the author it email me back the last version which was what he done. Can't wait to try it! Also can't wait to try out 2 player on the same screen!

Unfortunately, he is no longer developing it, but i gave him a link to this, maybe it will inspire him to have another go at it! :-)
A1200D / AGA / B1260 / 64MB RAM / KS 3.1 / AOS 3.9 / 4GB HD

Offline cycloid

• Show only replies by cycloid
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2003, 03:49:12 PM »
oooh... well if said DA developer isn't planning to use it maybe they'd give me the source? :-) mind you it's not asif i'd be able to compile it (See about four other threads where i mutter about configging gcc, or not)

incidentally, what frame rates do peops get? i get about 10fps on my 1200 AGA 040 25. though other people seem to suggest it runs smoother (considering that back in the day a 33mhz 486 would run it acceptably). i might need help in setting it up. also it takes about 5 mins to load into memory, sits at the "doom refresh daemon" with the HD light constantly on... even on bootstart hmz?

e.g. tried using -rtg with blazewcp installed? makes no difference

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2003, 03:53:45 PM »
I use ADoom for warpup. It runs very smooth indeed even on my 603. It only slows down in higher resolutions, but is still playable.

If someone could be bothered to take ADoom, rip out the core rasterization routines and use warp3d or opengl we could have some real fun ;-)
int p; // A