Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Video: AROS 68K Booting  (Read 11025 times)

Description:

Offline eb15

• Show all replies
Re: Video: AROS 68K Booting
« on: November 18, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
As I see it, AROS boot roms for classic machines should be able to boot from supported USB interfaces, boot from CD or DVD or USB drives, be upgraded to support other file systems and have options for choosing monitor to display on if RTG card is found, etc.

Offline eb15

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 01:24:18 AM »
Quote from: little;592850

Booting from CD/DVD/USB sound nice until you ask yourself, what I am goint to boot besides Workbench/Wanderer?

Games?  Dedicated Apps?  All the usual suspects that were done before on (often write protected) floppy disks, but with lots more room for content....

Offline eb15

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
Maybe there's a broken case sensitive string comparison when it should be case insensitive type of issue so its just complaining that "Workbench" != "workbench".  Look closely to what the requester says and what the info command reports.  

I forget how to show the current "path" of the shell.  It might have an extra workbench: in there. There might be a typo in the startup-sequence or shell startup with the case difference.  It shouldn't matter on a native Amiga file system but could be a problem with an emulated file system where the underlying native file system is case sensitive (unix).