Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please show your support  (Read 6348 times)

Description:

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
Re: Please show your support
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 05, 2003, 11:21:40 PM »
as usual, one person has to fuc* it up by cheating... how lame

Offline JetFireDX

• Show only replies by JetFireDX
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2003, 01:39:07 AM »
Lame that it got removed...so I voted for other to "show my support" as best I can.

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2003, 02:26:38 AM »
Hmmm.... Lookee here, we have a new friend from OSNews  :-D

Offline Eugenia

• Show only replies by Eugenia
    • http://osnews.com
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2003, 02:35:40 AM »
>and free thinkers are not wanted there.

Like the guy who unfairly abused our poll? Yeah, it is true, we don't want those.

Point of the matter was my friend, an individual abused our poll in favor of AROS and we had to take action. There is no way around it, I am sorry.

I have done the exact same thing (and even taken whole polls down) in the past. Abusers were favoring FreeBSD and Debian in previous polls.
This time I had to only delete a single option only, simply because I caught them in the act, in time, so I was able to minimize the skew of the poll and deliver some real results to my readers. I take my polls seriously.

Have a good day,
Eugenia

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2003, 02:36:14 AM »
by GadgetMaster on 2003/10/5 17:11:48

I don't get it. You advocate the boycotting of a fine news site just because they objected to the hijacking of their poll

I think you should be a bit more broadminded not them.

It is not fair to directly link to a specific option on a poll.

Free thinkers hah, it just makes us look juvenile and like attention seekers.

Your assuming this is the only event that has caused me to think OSNews is a piece of crap, it isn't.  It started awhile ago when she hired on a certain moderator (name withheld) who was and still is extremely biased.   I do not agree on how she runs that site (and reading from different /. articles over the years, alot of Be folks left that site when it was mostly a Be fan club because of her attitude) and apparently, I'm not alone.   Between her and her cohorts, I skip that site entirely.  I did try a few browsers today to see the poll with AROS on it, but something is FUBARed on my side (probably crossover is misconfigured when I did the last major upgrade).  Other then that, your not seeing me posting on there nor do I bother reading their articles.  It's not worth my time and effort.

Boycott it, perhaps it will eventually get better.  If not, your not missing anything by not going there. ;)

As for the link, polls are there to grab attention to the site, that's the main purpose of any net poll, create traffic.  It use to be, back when I first start reading OSNews, that increased traffic ment additional income from paying advertisers at OSNews.  I'm not sure if it's still the same, but if it is, more linking means more profit to OSNews.  If it was a valid poll, I would agree it wasn't right.  This is not a valid poll.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Eugenia

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 02:37:18 AM »
>Hmmm.... Lookee here, we have a new friend from OSNews

This is actually the third time I am registering with Amiga.org (have they lost their records of my account?). I have already posted about 10 times in here, the owners of amiga.org can verify this. I am not "new" here.

Offline Eugenia

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2003, 02:45:09 AM »
Dammy, your post is a piece of crap.

> It started awhile ago when she hired on a certain moderator

Oh, is this when it started? :P
Mike Bouma is NOT a moderator anymore. He lost his moderation privilages 2 months ago. So, get over it.

>nd reading from different /. articles over the years,

Slashdot readers don't like my several editorial critique over Linux's desktop abilities. A power I have since I write reviews for OSNews. You simply can't say that my site is a piece of crap just because *some* Linux fanatics don't like this critique.

>alot of Be folks left that site when it was mostly a Be fan club because of her attitude

This sentence makes no sense. Is my site a Be fan club or not? Cause I don't see it. We don't run more than 4-5 stories on BeOS/Zeta per MONTH. We only report on it as we do for the rest: when there is something to report on. And yes, I am very critic on BeOS too. All you have to do is read my comments or articles, not pull out of your a$$ "impressions" that you might have about it or not.

>This is not a valid poll.

Of course it is not. Some crappers like yourself abused it in favor of AROS.

*My* site and my poll is getting abused by an individual --most possibly  from the Amiga community-- and at the end I get the slack, trolling and blame too! Wow!

Anyways, I will stop replying to you, because you are clearly an non-thinker and because I know there is no logic arguing with some Amiga/MorphOS fanatics.  I am not part of your community (in fact, I am part of no online community atm, I have a real life instead) but I know to what lengths *some* you go through to #### other people off unfairly.

Goodbye all.

Offline meerschaum

• Show only replies by meerschaum
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2003, 03:24:12 AM »
Maybe Eugenia you need to step back and look at this like mature well rounded adult would.

(take this example of a drug addict, a friend, and a counseler giving advice)

A Friend: You've become and addict to drugs, its altered your personality and I'm not going to be your friend any longer because of your actions primarily your violence.

Drug Addict: Your an idiot, its all you man!!! not me at all, I'm totally straight and your the one with problems, I changed dealers months ago and the bad stuff I was getting is gone so I wont bug out and get violent anymore, if you dont believe me your the moron!!!

Counseler: you need to realise YOU have a problem and its the drugs, not everyone else, stop blaming the outside world for dislikeing your actions because your actions ARE the cause of the grief your reciving and no matter how much you try to act normal the drugs will continue to undermine you.

I believe the above analogy is something you should think about, although it isnt a litteral analogy...its got alot of things in it you might relate to with reguard to your site.

my opinon? stop coming here and blaming all of us because some people dont like your site, if they dont like it...think like an adult and figure out whats the problem and fix it, lashing out at us here isnt going to fix it. It's only going to serve to cause problems and stir up more accusations as it did last time you posted here. (maybe its good for traffic? I dunno)

I personally try not to think like a two  year old, if your site REALLY cleans up? I'll go back and visit... but many times  its been a non-stop praise-a-thon for an insolvent paper company, and its  very misleading to readers in my opinon, perhaps you dont care about the end result(people believeing in products bieng sold by an insolvent company) but some readers do, and when this is presented to someone like myself? it makes me have little faith in the validity of ANYTHING your site puts forth to the world.

EDIT: and if my above is all wrong and you dont see a problem with the site at all? why bother coming here at all?... what does it serve to do?... do you REALLY think your going to win people back? or lose more people because of them?... or do you just enjoy chastiseing the people you percieve as spreading mis-information (FUD) about your website?...

(The Above is 100% my opinon, nothing to be considered litterly as fact)

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2003, 03:40:01 AM »
Okay, AROS is out of the poll due to flooding of the results. Deal. It's happened before and not just with Amiga related polls.
As to slamming OSNews, uncalled for, off-topic, and no personal attacks( see the rules). I'm locking this topic.