Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introducing MultiViewer & MultiViewerNG  (Read 4479 times)

Description:

Offline broadblues

Re: Introducing MultiViewer & MultiViewerNG
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:46:47 AM »
Quote from: kolla;790621
Does MultiViewer do the one thing MultiView doesn't do - does it handle streaming media, be it sound or video?

Sound and video would be directly supported by the datatype. So if you have a datatype that supports streaming it would stream, in practice there are few that do so (if any?) so the final answer is probably no, not at the moment, but it's not a limit of MultiViewer but rather of the underlying datatype.

Offline broadblues

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:12 AM »
Quote from: QuikSanz;790628
Looks like a hint to me. Sounds a bit like "will be used in PPaint, Octamed and many other apps later" for an all around default.

I think he's refering to the editor function, where you can open the current document in your prefered editor, for images the default is PPaint, but that is configurable via the tooltype to any app (SketchBlock for example :-)) a couple of example alternatives are store in the initial tooltypes as disabaled tooltypes.

The idea is to allow intergration, not enforce it!

Offline broadblues

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 01:17:26 AM »
Quote from: kolla;790670
How do you specify disabled default tool as a tooltype?

I'm not sure if you read that correctly. I'm refering to the editing tool specified like so:

EDITPICTURE=Appdir:PPView "%s"
(EDITPICTURE=Appdir:SketchBlock "%s")
(EDITPICTURE=Appdir:ImageFX "%s")

The alternative examples are disabled by brackets.

Offline broadblues

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
Quote from: Tenacious;790722
It is outstanding that Amiga Classic was included!  How many times have things been updated and improved, BUT, only for NG Amigas?  I'm impressed.

Is there a minimum spec (CPU, memory, RTG, etc) for Multiviewer or will it even run on humble classic machines (too much to hope for?)?  :)

Have there been any optimizations for speed over the old Multiview?  OTOH, the speed of the original was mostly dependent upon the speed of the datatype.

The classic version will require at least datatypes library 45 and the later versions of some of the Reaction Classes so we are talking a 3.9 / 3.X version with RTG. It's not going to work on a stock a1200 I'm afraid, but should work well on a WinUAE setup or an expanded system with gfx card.

Offline broadblues

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 08:16:55 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;790729
Safe to assume it's been tested with the WarpDT's?

It has, but WarpDTs are just picture datatypes so should work anyway. They don;t support saving, but as Oliver pointed out in another thread they don't use the same basename so saving to new formats is still supported via the OS4 datatype.