Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????  (Read 9904 times)

Description:

Offline DonnyEMUTopic starter

• Show only replies by DonnyEMU
    • http://blog.donburnett.com
What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????
« on: September 09, 2003, 06:55:37 AM »
Not that they probably really need it <> , but I think the Amiga Community needs to give some charity where it's most needed. So I am suggesting everyone send $1  Gift as a free gift contribution to Amiga, Inc.  If every Amiga user sent them just one dollar I bet they would be in better position financially to make an impact.

Amiga, themselves would never ask for it so that's why I think it's such a cool idea..

======================================
Don Burnett Developer
http://blog.donburnett.com
don@donburnett.com
======================================

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 07:04:13 AM »
As long as Mr. McEwen didn't put it towards the million or so he's claiming as unpaid wages, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  But then, who at AInc. would you trust with the, at most, couple thousand they might get?
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Waccoon

• Show only replies by Waccoon
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 07:11:22 AM »
Bah!

They did nothing with the money they *had* over the last three years.  Any "DE" developments have been closed and secret only to other developers.  They haven't even kept their damn SDA and legal disclaimers up to date on the official dev site.

Why shovel any more money their way?

Offline Hooligan_DCS

• Show only replies by Hooligan_DCS
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 07:16:14 AM »
Why shovel any more money their way?

Because they are "The One" ? :-)

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 07:18:14 AM »

DonnyEMU wrote:

Amiga, themselves would never ask for it so that's why I think it's such a cool idea..

Amiga already did do it, its called sCAM and they got 1300 people to send $50 after they stopped paying employees, got kicked out of their offices, and stopped paying there bills, frankly where did that 65K go, since we know its not in the bank.   Dont send a dime to Amiga Inc, if you want to send a dollar to help the amiga community, send the money to AROS or the Amiga Netscape fund or send one to your favorite Amiga site, there are several that could use the money, if you send it to Amiga.org Reoux the Karma Kitty will try to work something out for you :).   McEwen & Moss have burned through millions of dollars of venture capital and gotten nothing done, giving them a few 1000 dollars more is a crazy idea.
        -Tig

Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 07:24:56 AM »
Good God man, I reserve charity for the needy! By "needy" I mean people with life-threatening diseases, or widows and orphans... or, oh man, anything but oh hell nevermind.

Only Amiga.
this space for rent

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 07:25:44 AM »
if you want to send a dollar to help the amiga community, send the money to AROS or the Amiga Netscape fund or send one to your favorite Amiga site, there are several that could use the money, if you send it to Amiga.org Reoux the Karma Kitty will try to work something out for you :)

Eh?  Good point.  Now that you mention it though, what ever happened to the kitty link that used to be on the main page?  I can't seem to find him anywhere...
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 07:29:54 AM »
True, let's leave Corporate Welfare to the Goverment.

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2003, 07:39:57 AM »
I agree with Tigger.  What's more, I think you should take that dollar and donate it to the AmiZilla project if you have to give it away.  Naturally, I think the whole community would be served if anyone could actually purchase a product.

There are a few active developers left.  Think about ImageFX, FxPaint, FroggerNG, a new e.p.i.c. game, Vapor, Ibrowse, Amiga.org stuff, and many others.  Consider hanging on to that cash for a Pegasos.  

As generic as it may sound, even donating some cash to www.mame.dk is benefitial to all.  Finally, I must plug Amiga.org itself, Amiga.org does take donations.

Whatever is going to happen to Amiga Inc is going to happen.  It's effectively too late for donations.  It was really too late when they took the $50; otherwise, there would be about 1300 happy T-Shirt wearers now.
Regards,
Targhan

Offline tony23

• Show only replies by tony23
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2003, 07:56:07 AM »
@DonnyEMU,

Sorry but 1186 people sent them $50 US over a year ago and so far have not received anything tangible for their money, so to expect people to send more money to them just ain't right. We were told that the T-shirt thing would be sorted in the next few weeks a while back and still nothing. Not even a word about it since.

1186 X $50 = $59,300.00 Thats a lot of money that must of been squanderd on things other than what the money was intended for.

You could easily make 1186 t-shirts for less than $5 a piece and a buck or two to send them out.

1186 X $5 = $5,930.00  , $59,300.00 - $5,930.00 = $53,370.00 , thats a lot of change left over.

No coupons, No T-shirts, No discounts from partner companys, No new news on the delay,  NOTHING !
Granted that there never was a date set for delivery of these things but thats really just a cop out.

So why would anybody send them one red cent until they deliver what has already been paid for ?

I've got the feeling we may never see what we paid for, but I really hope I'm wrong. :-(

And at least the delivery of A1's and OS4 wasn't up to Amiga.inc or there would really be hell to pay !

Sorry A.inc but you've really irked me and a lot of other customers I'm sure with the way you've handled all this.

>Rant Mode Off

:-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2003, 08:05:31 AM »
Alright, let me try this again...

Amiga is a "for profit" Corporation. When one wishes to invest in a "for profit" Corporation they do this as an "investor".

Why the hell would you give away money to a company that will consider it a "profit" for OTHERS who "invested" while giving you none of those profits in return?

If you really wish well, and believe in, Amiga Incorporated, invest in them as an "investor" so that if they become profitable you wil be rewarded for that investment.
this space for rent

Offline Floid

• Show only replies by Floid
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2003, 08:21:59 AM »

Tigger wrote:

Amiga already did do it, its called sCAM and they got 1300 people to send $50 after they stopped paying employees, got kicked out of their offices, and stopped paying there bills, frankly where did that 65K go, since we know its not in the bank.
It's fun to think of it this way.  However, if they *did* do the right thing, as was claimed, and put the money into escrow, it wouldn't be in 'the bank;' it'd be held by an attorney or other unaffiliated agent in a separate account that, rightly, *couldn't* be touched even if the company foundered, at least until it got to the point of bankruptcy proceedings.

Whether they did this, or blew it all on pizza, who knows.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 08:30:16 AM »
Yeah, lets make another club! Why not call it "The REAL Amigans Club"!
But a dollar?! Nah, since this would be an Elite Club for the chosen
ones, why not make it ten times the previous club membership? Let's
say $500, this would separate the true believers from the infidels!
Throw in some T-shirts and the possibility to read corporate news
before everyone else, even before those "regular" Club Amiga members.

Where is that PayPal account number again? Ray?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 09:04:25 AM »
@takemehomegrandma,

That would also suggest a $5 Thousand Club in the near future ;  }

@DonnyEMU,

Really, why would any person send money to an unproven company with no displayed interest in the community in spite of lip service saying otherwise, that thinks their unproven CEO is worth the kind of wages the questions revealed? I felt these guys were hanging on for some kind of stock options or something rather scurilous given what has gone on (and what has NOT gone on), but when I saw those figures for the Big Three I was sickened.

Send it to AROS, or send it to Genesi for the T-shirts that have been given away. Or if you simply must give it away to someone who just doesn't GaF, there are always tentshow preachers or televangelists ... which brings us back around to the 500 Club and the 5000 Club ;  }
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 09:24:16 AM »
How about.... no? What on earth would I want to do that for? They've done nothing toward OS4 or the AmigaONE as far as I can see, and those are the products i'm basing my Amiga computing future on.

If you really want to donate, send it to Hyperion ;-)
Playstation Network ID: xeron6