Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????  (Read 10064 times)

Description:

Offline Tigger

• Show all replies
Re: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????
« on: September 09, 2003, 07:18:14 AM »

DonnyEMU wrote:

Amiga, themselves would never ask for it so that's why I think it's such a cool idea..

Amiga already did do it, its called sCAM and they got 1300 people to send $50 after they stopped paying employees, got kicked out of their offices, and stopped paying there bills, frankly where did that 65K go, since we know its not in the bank.   Dont send a dime to Amiga Inc, if you want to send a dollar to help the amiga community, send the money to AROS or the Amiga Netscape fund or send one to your favorite Amiga site, there are several that could use the money, if you send it to Amiga.org Reoux the Karma Kitty will try to work something out for you :).   McEwen & Moss have burned through millions of dollars of venture capital and gotten nothing done, giving them a few 1000 dollars more is a crazy idea.
        -Tig

Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline Tigger

• Show all replies
Re: What if Everyone Sent Amiga, Inc. a $1 ????
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 09:46:57 PM »

Floid wrote:
It's fun to think of it this way.  However, if they *did* do the right thing, as was claimed, and put the money into escrow, it wouldn't be in 'the bank;' it'd be held by an attorney or other unaffiliated agent in a separate account that, rightly, *couldn't* be touched even if the company foundered, at least until it got to the point of bankruptcy proceedings.

I'd love to find a quote where they said the money was going to escrow, I have never seen one, and I dont really think one exists.  In addition, as part of either Bolten or Matts case, Amiga Inc said they had no money, in any account etc.  If they have money in escrow, they should do the right thing and return it now.
    -Bill
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show