Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
a big thing for me was commodore introduced true multitasking in 1985 on the amiga, while microsoft and apple were stumped on that till 1990.
it was the first personal computer that i know of that could produce a broadcast quality NTSC video.
Amiga Emulation / Archiving Vintage Amiga Floppies and using them in an emulator
« Last post by scm2000 on May 11, 2024, 11:35:33 PM »
This post is more of a review than a question.
While I'm still on the lookout for an affordable and serviceable Amiga 1000, I have been using Amiga Forever to play the included games, and demos and do some BASIC programming.

Wanting to try to get back to what I had back in the 80's I found a great copy of Deluxe Paint II on Ebay.  The original box, manual, other sheets and the 2 floppies -- Key disk and Art disk.

I bought that understanding such old floppies might not work at all, but at least I'd have it as an artifact.

I bought a floppy drive with integrated GreaseWeezle board...(on ebay) The Amiga forever documentation indicates I should be able to use that as a "real" drive in the emulator to read Amiga floppies on the fly.   But not wanting to add any wear and tear to the two disks, what I did do was archive the two to .adf image files.   I noted that the key disk read fine, and the Art disk, had two spots where it did a retry...   I think that's amazing condition for such old floppies.

From there it was a simple matter to mount the images in the Amiga settings, and there I was, back in the 80's running  Deluxe Paint!

After going through the process once, I realized that i should be able to use the same drive to archive floppies from other personal computer systems and other types of floppy drives.    I see a lot of 5 inch floppies available on Ebay, and so my mind is turning to putting together a drive and Weezle board myself.

Amiga Tutorials / Re: Getting online with PiStorm32, Miami DX and Encrypted WiFi
« Last post by bp500 on May 11, 2024, 07:24:23 PM »
Many thanks to AndyFC for this tutorial!

The scripts of the CaffeineOS 925 build did not work for me but following the guide and doing everything manually worked fine.

I would suggest to also add a few instructions about the configuration of the DNS server in Miami.
I think it may come useful for those that do not know their way around Miami (that's definitaly me) since its really not that obvious where that option is!
IIRC you can add the command "CHDir myfolder" somewhere so every following file access is relative to that.
Caffeine 916 is very old, WiFi needs the 1.0.x release to work best.

So newest Caffeine is a better choice.
Somebody just shot me a link on Discord. Downloading now.

now later with new Caffeine. Wifi works fine. From here I may copy wifipi.device and use on my 3.2 pistorm setup and try to get it working there.

Thanks for all the help and input.
All the sites show download taken down. Where can i get the latest. I assume this is a total image and can not just update my current version without losing my data.
Latest version 9275 (IIRC) of CaffeineOS supports wifipi out of the box bringing up a GUI wirelessmanager when you have wifipi.device selected in your stack
I have the big binder manual. Would that be helpful?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10