Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Toni Wilen adding PPC emulation in WinUAE?  (Read 26743 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: Toni Wilen adding PPC emulation in WinUAE?
« on: August 02, 2014, 10:43:13 AM »
probably it could sell some os4 copies to those that have never seen it before and think its something worth trying. for the people like me, who have it doesnt make any real difference i guess. winuae is more than perfect for any task i need it for, perhaps somewhere are still some not significant issues, but its just toni who cant rest and leave it be.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
Quote from: Astral;770121
Probably for very similar reasons to running any other system/setup in an emulator.

the reason to run something in an emulator is primarly a unique software library i guess.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »
The purpose of uae is to provide amiga hardware emu in order to run amiga software that depends on it. Os4 doesnt need amiga hardware, on the contrary it depends on standard hardware and has been particularly ported to support amiga chipset. If anybody wanted it would be easier to use plain ppc emu alone instead trying to fit it within uae.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:19:51 PM »
Quote from: carvedeye;770184
Heck i would be happy using os3.9 to just to see what PPC is like on it :)

and what do you expect? because there will not be any noticeable difference. practically every ppc software title or library there was for warpos has a 68k version. on real hardware this was question of speed for particular tasks like image decoding or so, but what difference could that make under winuae on a fast pc today? none.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:09:47 AM »
just dont go and blame toni later after it wasnt worth the money ;p