Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Toni Wilen adding PPC emulation in WinUAE?  (Read 27319 times)

Description:

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
Re: Toni Wilen adding PPC emulation in WinUAE?
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:15:31 PM »
I think OS 4.1 sales will go up quite a bit (tho its all relative ofcourse).

I for one would defintly get a copy.

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
Re: Toni Wilen adding PPC emulation in WinUAE?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
Quote from: phoenixkonsole;770120
Because it can run faster with jit than on real available hardware and you may not like to buy expensive hw to try it out.

A win-win for hyperion and users. A loss for hw sellers.

Well, I can see it looking like a loss for hw sellers, but take me; I do follow Classic and NG news. I have invested a few 100 quids into upgrading my Classic setup. From there; the leap to NG is to far for ME personally, so Hyperion is cut off from potential revenue since a unknown % of us are sitting on the fence intrested in buying their OS, but not ready to front the buy-in that consitute the hw platform.

It might be a stretch; but there MIGHT be secondary revenue to be made. More people actually buying software for the emulated OS, which could encourage software developers to keep producing OS4.x versions of their software/games.
More available software COULD down the line actually help Hardware sellers.

Again from MY own point of view; I got more than enough money to buy the X1000 or the future versions cash without straining my bankbalance, but that aside; the OS and usability that I precive is just not good enough at the moment.
Maybe its because im not a developer for example. I read Lyle's posts about how he enjoys working with the OS and hardware. I think I understand where hes coming from and why it makes sense for him.

For people like me (the END user with no artistic or developer bones), while im intrigued, I still wont take the plunge. But buying a OS and paying for software/Games? Hell yes, not a problem.

TLDR; I think PPC emulation will have positive effects overall.