Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiModRadio - All of Aminet modules at your fingertips  (Read 28818 times)

Description:

Offline TygreTopic starter

Re: AmiModRadio - All of Aminet modules at your fingertips
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:09 PM »
Quote from: Rotzloeffel;794846
grmpffff.... found out tht a missing xadmaster.library will fix the Problem.....

What's the difference here between aminet nd modland ??? you should state this somewhere with the aminet-link, that xadmaster.library is required for using mimodradio!

works fine now !

solution: install xadmaster.library... this is normaly not needed on 3.9 systems !

thanks!

Very happy that it works for you new :)

I will create a list of "requirements" to clarify the needed libraries... Regarding Aminet vs. ModLand, there are two different sources, check them out!

Cheers!

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 03:39:28 PM »
Hi all!

Version v0.93 of AmiModRadio is available here, here, or here :)

Besides refactorings and bug fixes, including for #9 (having a progress reports in the MUI) and #22 (reporting missing libraries and such), the main new feature is an improved MUI :) Still some work to do though... :rolleyes

As usual, bug reports and ideas are welcome!

Cheers!

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »
Hi ddniUK and Rotzloeffel!

Quote from: ddniUK;795901
On AmigaOS4.1FE I get a grim reaper whilst it is trawling aminet. Any idea why?

Quote from: Rotzloeffel;795894
the cpu-overhaed while updating this "log-screen" is 100%

Thank you for your bug reports and sorry for the problems! I am not sure why the Grim reaper but I know why the 100% CPU :) I will look into these problems during the week-end... I have now AmigaOS v4.1FE running in WinUAE :banana:

Please, if you have a chance, could you post bug reports?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 03:36:29 PM by Tygre »

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 03:17:15 AM »
Hi all!

Version v0.94 of AmiModRadio is available here, here, or here :)

Besides some refactorings and minor bug fixes, it includes a usable MUI interface: you can now change the source and root directory and even save modules! Icons are ugly... Wish I could be more artsy :p

Cheers!

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 04:34:24 AM »
Hi all!

Version v0.95 of AmiModRadio is available here, here, or here :)

The revamped MUI uses new icons and some interesting code to launch automatically players if in the path. It also include some user preferences, although they are not yet accessible from the UI. As a consequence, putting AmiModRadio in the WBStartup drawer will start AmiModRadio, which will launch the first player recognised in the path and play some music immediately! :banana:

In addition to some refactorings and clean-up, this version also fixes bugs #13, #19, and #23.

Cheers!

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »
Sorry about that: I just tried them all and they all work for me (from Montreal), could you please tell me which one(s) do not work for you?

Thanks!

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »
Quote from: lionstorm;799950
@ Tygre : nice ! does it work now under AOS4 ? older versions only worked with mp3 under AmigaAMP3 but mod files failed.

Thanks a lot!

AmiModRadio should work under AOS4! Unfortunately, my AOS4 machine (running WinUAE) just broke down :( so I cannot try it but I would really appreciate any feedback! I would like AmiModRadio to run in all Amiga flavours :)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:24:54 PM by Tygre »

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »
Hi all!

AmiModRadio v0.96 is now available here, here, and here!

AmiModRadio is getting closer to its completion! It now includes preferences (currently to start (or not) playing modules automatically and to show (or not) the log page automatically ) and an improved user interface, with which the log can be saved! It also includes some refactorings and bug fixing, in particular bugs #26, #28, #34, and #36.

Merry X-mas! :banana:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:19:39 PM by Tygre »

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 04:48:13 AM »
Hi all!

AmiModRadio v0.97 is now available here, here, and here!

AmiModRadio now understand HTTP and the Modules.pl source now works, thanks to AceMan's API! Modules.pl contains more than 8,000 curated modules (as of this release's date) . This version also introduces a cache to speed up accesses to ModLand.com  huge  collection as well as many preferences... It also fixes several  bugs and  has been refactored. Its makefile has also been entirely  rewritten to  generate the distribution automatically, including  Retrofan's icons . Bugs #1, #21, and #35 thus disappear!

PS. This version has also been built without Fortify!

Happy (belated) new year!

« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 01:18:54 AM »
Hi all!

AmiModRadio v0.98 is now available here, here, and here!

AmiModRadio now supports different images sets thanks to Retrofan's suggestion and amazing work! :cool So, now, you can have multiple images sets for the icons shown on AmiModRadio's Controls page.

To choose an images set, go to the Prefs page and use the cycle button in the list view. All current image sets are Retrofan's :angel: (except for the Default).

To add a new images set, simply create a new directory in images/ and put in it the images that you want to use (which replace any Default image by the same name). VoilĂ ! :p

Happy 29th of February! :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:21:25 AM by Tygre »

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 01:58:07 AM »
Dear all!

I am happy to announce the release of AmiModRadio v0.991 (here, here, or here) :)

In addition to fixing some bugs and to some refactorings, this version adds a long-awaited social-media feature ;). It is now possible to rate modules from 1 to 5 (1 lowest, 5 highest). When playing modules, if the community has rated them, the community's rates are displayed. If the user also has rated them (based on her IP address), the user's rates are also displayed! :cool

The rates are stored by IP addresses along number of votes (nothing more, nothing less) on an Amiga server! Yes, only Amiga makes it possible :p.

As usual, any comments/questions/bug reports are welcome!
Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:37:24 PM by Tygre »

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 04:52:21 AM »
Dear all!

I am happy to offer a new version v0.994 of AmiModRadio after these long months of silence! :)

You can take it from here, here, or here.

This version implements almost all the buttons (but one): now, extra windows open to show the list of directories, of files, and of modules. It also features an auto-ban (#55) to automatically skip modules rated as 1 or 2. Finally, it includes the usual bug fixes and thoughts to have a more flexible design. More to come about that in the next release :cool:

As usual, bug reports are always welcome here!

Cheers!

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 02:48:28 AM »
My pleasure, I plan to release a new version in the coming one-two weeks with new features! :)

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 11:33:35 PM »
Dear all!

I am happy to offer a new version v0.995 of AmiModRadio! :)

While the last version implemented almost all the buttons (but one) but just for display, this new version allow users to browse the content of directories and files and play other modules than the one picked by AmiModRadio! (Just double-click on a listed file!)

This new version also offers many more options, in particular to cache directories lists to improve responsiveness.

The Wiki page has also been improved to describe accurately requirements and the new MUI functionalities.

Cheers!

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »
Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.997 of AmiModRadio after these long months of silence! :)

This version arrives after some software, hardware, and wetware problems... Most of these problems are being managed now so development should resume and release should happen more regularly ;) This new release mostly includes bug fixes (#60, #61, #64, #67, #68, #69, #70. #73, #74, #75, and #76), stay tune for new features! Also, I want AmiModRadio to work on Honx's config... as well as on my A4000/30...

Cheers!

« Reply #29 from previous page: April 12, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
Hi klx300!

Thanks for trying AmiModRadio out :)

Sorry to read that it didn't work as expected: could you tell me in more details the steps that you followed?

Cheers!