Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gavilan - are you a thief?  (Read 2216 times)

Description:

Offline Boot_WBTopic starter

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
Gavilan - are you a thief?
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:46:23 AM »
I have sold my blizzard 1260Blizzard 1260 and Eyetech and DCE IDE adapters.  
The items were paid for via PAYPAL from a verified account linked to GAVALANPOLLERO's ebay account.

After posting them on the 20th April I have heard nothing until I get a CHARGEBACK warning from ebay stating that the buyer SEBASTIAN GURVITSCH aka GAVILANPOLLERO aka Amiga.org member Gavilan (Beunes Aires, argentina) has cancelled his credit card transaction and the money has been taken from my PAYPAL account (Around £250).

So why Gavilan?  Why not contact me directly if you have not received the items?  You have successfully bought items from Evaengel with no problems, and Manshadow - why have you used chargeback to claim money back from me with no communication?  Not one single email.

I even reduced postage and marked the items as a commercial sample AT YOUR REQUEST to cut down on customs charges.

I am sorry to bring it into a public forum, but I see it as the only way to humiliate you into responding.

When one cancels a credit card transaction one is not getting something for free from PAYPAL but taking money from the seller (in this case ME).

MODERATORS: Please note - I am not accusing nor making libellous claims, I am deliberately asking questions and looking for reasons and answers only.
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
Re: Gavilan - are you a thief?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:50:58 AM »
lol

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 04:54:21 AM »
the anxiety that comes with "am i getting ripped off" is a stressful situation. best thing to do is call your credit card people or call your bank if its a debit.
i got ripped off for almost 500 bucks 2 months ago and i did the chargeback ect.
i ended up winning the dispute but paypal said that since there was no money in fellas account, that i was pretty much screwd. paypal can be a pain in the arse.
just want to wish you luck with this and that everything can be fixed.

if he didnt let you know that he didnt recieve anything he should have told you.
to me that shows lack of intergraity and character.

good luck with this and as i am sure everyone here feels the same.
since it did go over seas it may still be in coustoms so i would try to get ahold of them if possible.
hope this helps!

Offline HellCoder

• Show only replies by HellCoder
    • http://elasticore.nl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:31:32 AM »
What you can do is to request a 'tracer' package. This won't quarantee anything but it will verify the path from your house to the delivery point. If the tracer passes than atleast you've elliminated the problem with mail/postman e.d. I'm not sure about costs though for this.

Offline lopos

• Show only replies by lopos
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 09:45:50 AM »
@Boot_WB
You should post this on EAB as well. He is a member there too.
Can't trust anyone nowadays.
 :madashell:

Offline Boot_WBTopic starter

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:25 AM »
Thanks Lopos,
I'm hoping this will just turn out to be a 'misunderstanding' and that the Chargeback will be cancelled from Gavilan's end.

He seems to write for tectimes.com, comunikt.com.ar, and mpediciones.com and tea.edu so I can also inform all of them how their colleague does business.  

I'd rather not do this of course.

I'll post this on EAB when I get the chance. :-)
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline Kinster

• Show only replies by Kinster
    • http://www.andykinsella.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 10:49:18 PM »
I sold somewhat to Gavilan a while ago. I sent, then got the parcel back  a few weeks later - 'undelivered/note left.' I mailed yer man to say the post had bounced; he paid postage again to give it another shot. I assume it went OK as I have not heard otherwise. Sure, he seemed genuine enough to me.

AK

Offline Gavilan

• Show only replies by Gavilan
    • http://coming soon....
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 11:47:23 PM »

First af all ,let me say to you: im not a thief, im not trying to take any kind of  advantage of this situation.

Im very very sad at this. I did reply to you, but it seems you didint receive my mails, and i have no way of prooving that i replied to you, becasue i did it from a webmail account which doenst allow me to keep sent messages
Im here to face and explain what really happened. Its a shame that you put my reputation down in every amiga forum in which im regular, becasue once a reputation is down, its very difficult to be up again.
Since english isnt my first language, its really difficutl to try to express how sorry & embarrassed i feel for this ugly situation, ugly for both of us.
I really had hoped this never happened but here is the situation:

The credit card which i used to do the buyings on ebay, belongs to my father.
At first, when i received an email from pay pal, claimign that a chargeback was open, my first thought was "somebody hacked my account"
Later, i received an email from my father (he lives in Miami, i live in Buenos Aires), so you can imagine we dont talk by phone quite often.
Anyway, in his mail, my father told me that he had called his credit card company, and said that all payments made trough pay pal were unauthorized. Thats why a chargeback was open. He was just mad at me, and he did this kind of "vendetta" to humillate me.

Even more sad news. Yesterday, i received the 1260 card, but you declare it was 300 pounds worth. Local customs wanted to charge me 150 pounds in taxes (thats a common practice in my country, so that is why every time i do a transaction on ebay , i always ask the seller to say its a "non commercial value hardware" or something like that.
Anyway, since i couldnt afford to pay the 150 pounds in taxes, i said the mail man to return to you the stuff

If you see my ebay profile, you can see what kind pf person i am. BTW, my nickname is gavilanpollero, so i invite anybody who read this, to read the feedback i have received all over this years
Its a shame you expose me in this way, in every Amiga forum in which im regular visitor.
Im pretty sure i have done business with some members of these forums, and im pretty sure, that they were always satisfied with me, the same way i was satisfied with them
I never ever had a trouble like this in my whole life, and belive me, i feel so ashamed of this

As a proof of my goodwill, and "in front of everybody", im ready to re-send you all your money when you tell me to do it, since my only intention is to fix the things that my father f...ed up.
I really hope you understand how sad and bad i feel about this, and i really hope you can forgive me for such an umconfortable situation to both of us.

Sincerly

Sebastian
C= & Amiga user & abuser since 1986
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 12:06:59 AM »
This thread is being locked, not deleted, because it's too late to put the genie back in his bottle and Gavilan has the right to respond to this accusation to clear his name.

Posting this however takes a very large step over the line between "reporting a problem" and libelling someone.  I would advise people in the future to take this type stuff to Private mail where it belongs.

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org