Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hatfield and McCoy (AO & AW) feud is over.  (Read 7106 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Hatfield and McCoy (AO & AW) feud is over.
« on: August 22, 2003, 06:51:29 PM »
This has all gotten out of hand. This is a little community and infighting helps no one. As far as I’m concerned from this point forward there shall be immunity granted for all users for past comments. This shall be a fresh start. No more fighting, no more hurt feelings. Everyone basically is looking for the same thing, something to replace their old dying Amigas. No matter what road they are traveling they have a home here at Amiga.org. Anyone who has in the past burned bridges will find new bridges waiting for them.

I personally have been privately speaking to MikeB in email. While we certainly do not see eye to eye, both of us agree the fighting has to stop and both of us agree it has gotten out of hand. If MikeB and I can be civil and come to an agreement anyone can.

Let us all please start over. Let us REALLY welcome back MikeB, Mikey_C, Luca and anyone else who has felt slighted. Right or wrong who cares. Fighting has solved nothing but drive people away from the scene altogether. Whatever happened in the past is behind us. I cannot make people agree with me, but I can ask you give this a chance. No more attacks on Wayne, AO, AW, BB, Bill McEwen, AI, whoever.

BTW: This is a comment from me as a user and not a announcement of Amiga.org.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline voxel

• Show only replies by voxel
Re: Hatfield and McCoy (AO & AW) feud is over.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 06:58:54 PM »
Well said Red :-)

Welcome back everyone :-D

Amigalement,

Jean-François. Amiga ONLY since 1985.
Amigalement,
Jean-François Bachelet, Amiga nuts since 1985.
-------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Happy Computing : Amiga! (© 2K4-2K8 voxel)

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 07:00:35 PM »
Nice try  :-D
No chance it will hlod longer than till the next polit-crap  :-(
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline downix

• Show only replies by downix
    • http://www.applemonthly.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 07:03:07 PM »
No problems here.

But please, no trying to bash non-Amiga, Inc news as being non-Amiga news, k?
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline bhoggett

• Show only replies by bhoggett
    • http://www.midnightmu.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 07:09:37 PM »
@red

I'll reserve judgement pending their future behaviour, if you don't mind.  If their return heralds the return of the pointless flame-fests, or if the anti-amiga.org attacks continue on other forums, then the amnesty will be rather one-sided, don't you think?

Traditionally, this site belongs to the "Amiga community", not to the "Amiga Inc loyalists". If that stops being the case it will be a dark day indeed.

Remember what they say about leopards changing their spots, that's all I have to say.
Bill Hoggett

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2003, 07:13:27 PM »
Well said red. I agree - being quite a new member to a.org i dont really know much about the feud's that are dividing the amiga community, but one thing i do know is that the main thing that this poor dying platform needs to recover is the support of the people not some petty arguments. My opinion is this. If your not here for one reason and one reason only ( i say here, i mean on the amiga community), and that reason is to support our faithfull friend mr amiga and to bring it back to being the #1 platform, then i dont want to hear about it (im sure i have the backing of a lot of community members here). As i said before, i havent been on a.org for long, dosent mean that i wasnt an amiga user for years and would like nothing more in the computer world than to see the amiga rise hopefully with the release of OS4 and the combination of the new hardware and software, also now with the compatibility it needs to bring it to the outside world, which im sure will attract both old users and the new back to the amiga. If you want to "battle it out" (and never come to a conclusion), please dont do it here. I totally agree with redrumloa up there. To sum it up, its time to recreate the community. Lets make a fresh start. Sorry, but i needed to say this, fed up of the pettyness and stupid arguments. Well done to red, lets keep this up,

Thanks

Kevin :-)
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

• Original Omega User
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 07:14:26 PM »
@bhoggett

This anmesty goes for everyone. The hope is everyone will feel at home. Hopefully there will be no need for anti-AO attacks or anti-AW for that matter.

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 07:21:49 PM »
The healthy discussion and debate that exists in this community, has always existed, and those who remember otherwise, are just fondly remembering a past that never really existed...its called nostalgia.

I for one, have never wished for anyone to leave, regardless of how misguided their opinions may be.

The difficult thing, is always, the idea that certain people only see an end to 'fighting' when you agree with everything they say.

I have no intention of subordinating my opinions to others....nor agreeing when it isn't merited.  I form my own opinions.  

If anyone is willing to give of their opinion, they should also be willing to hear the counter argument.

I welcome all these people, but nothing has changed...they were always welcome with me, and they were always going to get a lively discussion from me, and they still will.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2003, 07:25:47 PM »
Red, does the amnesty also include Ray A. "HMetal" Akey? I'm well aware of what he did to get his ban, but downgrading his ban from a permanent one to a temporary one might be fairer.

Offline downix

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 07:28:39 PM »
@Kevin

The problem is, not everyone in the community is in anticipation of AOS4.

A good chunk is in the "blue camp" or "green camp" of MorphOS and AROS.  Then there's the Amithlon folk, the UAE fans, and even some DE folk.

Can't go "with the release of..." for any of these products, because none of them represent the whole of the community.
Try blazedmongers new Free Universal Computer kit, available with the GUI toolkit Your Own Universe, the popular IT edition, Extremely Reliable System for embedded work, Enhanced Database development and Wide Area Development system for telecommuting.

Offline Linchpin

• Show only replies by Linchpin
    • http://www.systemmedic.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2003, 07:29:41 PM »
Surely there is a difference between :-

Fighting

and

Admitting where there is no common ground and letting the matter lie like adults?
WinUAE Only... OS3.9 with 512mb ZIII ram ;)

• Original Omega User
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 07:33:13 PM »
@KennyR

That will ultimately be up to Kees, but I don't see why not.

Offline downix

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2003, 07:35:42 PM »
@kevin

But your statement made it sound as if everyone on this site *must* abandon all of their efforts and back OS4.  Hard to "bury the hatchet" when you're hearing the same rhetoric that caused the flamefest in the first place.  (that goes for both sides, mind you)  I would not expect you to bury the hatchet either if I said "abandon AInc like they abandoned you, buy a Pegasos and to hell with "The Name Inc." like some folk have done in the past.

Offline cecilia

• Amiga Snob
    • Show only replies by cecilia
    • http://cecilia.sawneybean.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2003, 07:36:35 PM »
i can't understand why people feel the need to fight over this stuff?????

it's a freaking message board. get over it.

anybody hear of a REAL LIFE?????

have an opinon, state it. move on.
it's really simple.
the no CARB diet- no Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld or Bush.
IFX CD Tutorial

Offline Kees

• Show only replies by Kees
    • http://www.amiga.org
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2003, 07:38:56 PM »
does the amnesty also include Ray A. "HMetal" Akey?

I'm trying to settle things with Ray at this moment ... In private ...
Kees Witteveen
Amiga.org

** Cool Signature **