Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most loved and most hated consoles?  (Read 6492 times)

Description:

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
Re: Most loved and most hated consoles?
« on: May 16, 2010, 11:01:59 PM »
Favorites: never met a console I didn't like, and yes I had a jaguar, virtual boy, and a few others that are quite notorious. Dreamcast does have a special place.

Least favorite: ones that are broken or I have no games for...

I currently have 9? consoles in my collection, oh wait I have handhelds too, total of thirteen. Nope 15 I forgot my ps2 and xbox.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:02:46 PM by KThunder »
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
With the DC I think Sega knew they didn't have the bank-account to compete with Sony et al. They knew they could compete with software, and they have done really well.
Thats the reason Nintendo released the wii. They couldn't afford to compete toe to toe with MS and Sony so they altered the game. Now after selling millions of Wiis and games I think they have the cash to produce a much more powerful system.
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 04:24:55 PM »
Nintendo is the last great gaming company left. No offence intended to Sony or MS but they can put huge amounts of money into development etc. from other company sales, not on their own merit.  Where would the xbox be right now without millions from os and office sales. where would the ps3 be without millions from other electronics sales.
Nintendo imo deserves respect for competing in this market, on their own merrit, and not only that but succeeding. They have always taken flack for strong kids titles and hopefully always will. I'm a mario, zelda, and metroid fan and my kids love pokemon.

I think "hardcore" games suck and are no fun. running around like a maniac shooting anything that moves and dying hundreds of times? no thanks.
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »
the 360's especially, MS put some crazy money into repairs and you know that didn't come from 360 sales.

I liked both Mario lost levels and the dokidoki mod sm2. I know a lot of people didn't like 2 as much and it isn't as good as 3 but I liked the boss levels better and thats where we got shy guys (I think)
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:32:37 PM »
...clumsy two-piece joystick...

I agree with most of what you said, the "two piece joystick" thing I actually really like. I like that in many games I dont have to have my hands right togther in a carpel tunnel aching position for long periods of time. I can have the remote blasting stuff on screen or whatever and the nunchuck resting on the arm rest or on my lap. Most of the good games have multiple control schemes.

My brother says I have "ogre hands" so the remote nunchuck thing really helps.

There is a real lot of shovelware but it doesn't really bother me because there are some real gems in there and Game Informer or any of the other good game mags will find them for you.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:33:57 PM by KThunder »
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)