Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: User wants (from "Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology")  (Read 7190 times)

Description:

Offline matthey

• Show only replies by matthey
Re: Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology
« Reply #59 from previous page: October 30, 2015, 07:12:07 PM »
Quote from: Kremlar;798398
Hah!  I had a 94 RX-7 Red Touring about 10 years back.  I live in Massachusetts, purchased it form a seller on Ohio.  I flew down and drove it back home.  Best 11 hour drive of my life!  I miss that car.

My first car love was when I was in high school, the 93 Silver Touring (with no spoiler) that was in the Mazda brochure.

Is your Silver 93 for sale???  ;)

My RX-7 is a silver base model with R1 front lip, no spoiler in the back and a black Border Racing hood. The pic was a later model Spirit R but it was a good size and a very clean picture.

Quote from: Iggy;798457

And those later model RX-7s had some interesting, if failure prone, hardware like active suspension components.

The 3rd gen RX-7 never had "active suspension components". It is a pure driving machine with non-adjustable shocks, linear springs and no traction control. They did all have anti-lock brakes though. Some of the other sports cars of the time like the Mitsubishi GT3000 VR-4 and Toyota Supra were getting higher tech driving aids. The sequential turbo system of the RX-7 was complex and failure prone though. I simplified mine while retaining the sequential turbo operation and haven't had problems. The Wankel engines themselves are short lived under boost but I would never replace the heart, soul and unique feel of the RX-7.

Quote from: Dandy;798462

Not exactly a "low priced performance car", but my favourite car since LeMans 1966 (I was 9 back then):

I've never been a big fan of Ford sports cars but the Ford GT(40) is an exception. I like that the Ford GT look is so close to the original but I wish they had brought the price down for the masses even if the performance would have been less. The 3rd gen RX-7 was getting a little expensive for the time as well. My favorite affordable sports car concept today would be something like the Lotus Elise/Exige (a fun lightweight driving machine). There are parallels in my mind with the Amiga and sports cars as well. The original Amiga was a computer for the masses with a great driving experience which put the user in control. The new Amigas are computers for the (elite) classes which few will experience and some of the changes are not improvements.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2015, 07:59:59 PM »
Quote from: matthey;798474

The 3rd gen RX-7 never had "active suspension components".

Sorry, I must have miss heard it when a friend told me his RX-7's shocks weren't working correctly because the the control system was on the fritz.

Quote from: matthey;798474
I've never been a big fan of Ford sports cars but the Ford GT(40) is an exception. I like that the Ford GT look is so close to the original but I wish they had brought the price down for the masses even if the performance would have been less. The 3rd gen RX-7 was getting a little expensive for the time as well. My favorite affordable sports car concept today would be something like the Lotus Elise/Exige (a fun lightweight driving machine). There are parallels in my mind with the Amiga and sports cars as well. The original Amiga was a computer for the masses with a great driving experience which put the user in control. The new Amigas are computers for the (elite) classes which few will experience and some of the changes are not improvements.

Well the GT40 actually started life as a Lola design (which explain why it looks so good).
Lotuses? I spent years talking my self out of a Lotus 7 recreation.

And I share your general dislike of most Ford sports cars.
Except for the '69 fastback model, I've never understood the whole Mustang thing.

BTW - About this A-eon proposal...:laugh1:
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline KremlarTopic starter

• Show only replies by Kremlar
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »
The sequential turbo system of the RX-7 was complex and failure prone though. I simplified mine while retaining the sequential turbo operation and haven't had problems. The Wankel engines themselves are short lived under boost but I would never replace the heart, soul and unique feel of the RX-7.  

:thumbsup:

Offline nicholas

Re: User wants (from "Call for Amiga Developers from A-EON Technology")
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2015, 09:21:52 PM »
A hairdresser's car! :P
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini