Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pro game artist looking for help/collaboration  (Read 9074 times)

Description:

Offline Amiten

• Show only replies by Amiten
    • http://amiftp.honor.es
Re: Pro game artist looking for help/collaboration
« Reply #74 from previous page: November 10, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »
DonĀ“t know what Michael really want, cordinate people from here?, make a new game company? or tell us his dreams?.

Regards
Amiten
Amiten TV - Amiga Channel
http://www.youtube.com/clubamiten

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2011, 04:53:56 PM »
@Amiten

Good work. I really enjoyed checking out your stuff. First actual work in the thread too (apart from a few pictures). Im surprised no-one else commented on your work. Im a big 3dsmax fan as well. Star Wars however,....... really not a fan  :)

I guess people are more interested in dreaming still usually. :)
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »
@AmiTen

I suspect he just wants to coordinate efforts.  If it helps your perspective, he's a member of the NatAmi team as am I.  We are trying to make software support new NatAmi hardware while still taking advantage of all the old tricks.

Offline Michael V. ParentTopic starter

• Show only replies by Michael V. Parent
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
I've already posted clear examples of exactly how to put translucent/tinting effect in even the most basic Amiga's with no performance hit, AND spent over a year creating a highly functional animation tool which creates game animations by combining multiple images for highly optimized game animation data. (www.brashmonkey.com)   I'm also working on a new tech demo based on one of the images I've posted.

Beyond that, yes, I'm sharing what my dream is, trying to make it a reality and trying to help others achieve their dreams at the same time.

@Amiten,

sorry, I am stretched thin and didn't notice your link...great stuff. :)

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Well yes I won't show graphics until I can see them working at 25fps so I guess that is a dream

Also I foolishly squander my meager earnings on bills and food not overpriced A4000 setup from ebay to code on so dreaming again I guess.

:)

Offline Amiten

• Show only replies by Amiten
    • http://amiftp.honor.es
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:40 PM »
Thanks for the information SamuraiCrow not know what part of the project natami nice meeting you clear as to the rest :)

Natami Well for me a new hope and I am saving since the news broke to buy one I want to create games for its SuperAGA chipset of  natami.

The truth is that it was strange that no one said anything about my "Amiwars" for a few months I've been working on and have not seen Much games that use the technique that I use 3D animation to 2D past.

Amiwars make myself do it as little as a pyramid so desperately seek collaboration also, if anyone wants to help is welcome, especially someone who knows the 3dsmax so you can give me more animations and effects that I know the whole program limited progress this in my web www.amitenwebatu.com use the system you can google for translation because the web is a native Spanish.

forgiveness by brick lyrics from google but my English but I speak well for me to express myself in enough trouble.

Currently Amiwars has changed considerably and now their sprites are smaller and there is already a small AI for enemies, and when I can show you the result only for the 1 level.

I need help I will send someone to the game's 3D models and animation as input to create a Intro for the game and many other things I need music that I'm good but as I make my time is not unlimited and little by little I'm just going forward the history.

greetings nothing but luck with your dreams and Amiga Forever.
Amiten TV - Amiga Channel
http://www.youtube.com/clubamiten

Offline Einstein

• Show only replies by Einstein
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »
Quote from: JJ;667254
Nope its me :)

What I am saying is that I can code, I do not know AMOS or BLITZ specfically but feel fairly confident I could pick them up pretty quickly and help.

I can code in VB .net, Amstrad CPC basic, and some other versions of basic.

You love your Basics don't you ? (joke)

Seriously though, to me it makes no sense to provide 64289 different syntactic rules because there are 64289 different types of functionality provided. That's one of the reason I hated AMAL. Another reason was that (AFAIK) AMAL animations where linear and thus useless for my needs, so I invented my own "cooperative scheduler" scheduling object code (subroutines), to dance the dance and sing the song.

Being "slightly" off topic here I'll have to ask something (or I'll forget): I remember I had discovered that I could store a subroutine's reference inside a variable and then call the subroutine by dereferencing that variable (gosub SUB). Was this documented or was it a miraculous side effect ? Any AMOS gurus with wise words ?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:02:17 PM by Einstein »
I have spoken !

Offline Michael V. ParentTopic starter

• Show only replies by Michael V. Parent
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »
You seem to know quite a bit about animating on Classic Amigas Einstein.  Would you be interrested in making basic Spriter files (without the transforms and alpha) play as efficiently as possible on Amiga?

www.brashmonkey.com
This will be the ultimate way to fit tons of smooth animations into the limited file and ram space.

If you might be interrested, I could start a bounty for you...

Offline Einstein

• Show only replies by Einstein
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2011, 05:02:33 PM »
@Michael V. Parent

Actually I'm not, not the slightest :)

The last (two) times I, progamming-wise, touched Amiga was 2004 and 1997, and at none of those occasions were I concerned about optimizations (or I wouldn't start my half-finished game in AMOS ;)). In 1997 I dug out my A500 (I did not have/use computers at home back then, and neither did so during the following 7-8 years or so) and decided I wanted to learn how to make a game, or the collision detection and interactions between characters and the environment to be more precise. So I sat down with a piece of paper and re-invented the technique that I later learned it's name to be "tile mapping". It was great fun doing that and started a platformer (in AMOS) ala Fuzzball and similar, which I left incomplete (because I wanted to re-implement in assembly) and sadly lost the source including all the graphics by the time I wanted to proceed/port to asm.

In 2004 I kind of re-discovered (in a primitive and rather ugly way) 3d vector rotations when I, again, dug out my A500 for another round of pain and pleasure messing with ideas.

Nowadays the programming aspect of my life is bound to C (system and app), and scripting in PHP, Python, JS (browser addons, mostly private ones). I do want to get back at simpler game programming at some point, but then I want to make own project :o

--------------------------

I'm looking forward to the progress of your projects though. They look really interesting.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:15:38 PM by Einstein »
I have spoken !