Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Our Amiga Office (Photos)  (Read 27194 times)

Description:

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
Re: Our Amiga Office (Photos)
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 02:25:44 PM »
Quote from: Pentad;654880
I think the folks doing the Amiga film should cover what Cammy and her associates are doing.  I know this will sound horrible sexist but if they were REALLY smart that would put Cammy on the cover.  Every great film needs a beautiful heroine to pull all the guys and geeks in.

Yea, everyone would want Cammy to become their "Ultimate Amiga Upgrade." ;)

They would all shout:  "Look!  A g.g.gg..girl!

Ha! They're doin' it here already. ;)
Ed.

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
I have to admit, this is kind of what I wanted my apartment to look like back in the late 80s.

Nice setup! Good luck with your development efforts. Maybe you should consider hosting an annual Amiga show in there too.

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 04:18:52 PM »
It looks really nice. Best of luck with the development work!

Offline amigakit

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:07 PM »
I look forward to your games developments.  I hope you find inspiration for some good games.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
Color me impressed enough to come back from the great Amiga beyond and say I'm impressed.

That is a very cool setup you have there, something like what I would like to have, but more for digital art and animation than games and programming. I have been taking programming classes in college though; C, C++, and X86 assembly. I've wanted to do some app programming for Aros.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline AmigaNG

• Show only replies by AmigaNG
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »
This is great work, excellent setup, wish you the best of luck. :)

I keep meaning to get back into game development on the Amiga, but it always finding the time to do it and then not wast my time on my PS3 or the Net, too many distraction!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:46:56 PM by AmigaNG »

Offline toRus

• Show only replies by toRus
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 05:18:35 PM »
The A500s are so much nicer than the A1200s ...

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
Quote from: toRus;654952
The A500s are so much nicer than the A1200s ...

Fixed that for you.  :laughing:

Sorry, couldn't resist since you snuck the the 'OT' flags in there. Both machines are great since they're Amiga's of course   ;-)

Offline Domi73

• Show only replies by Domi73
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
Congratulation of what you've done here.
Really nice place to work!

Offline hbarcellos

• Show only replies by hbarcellos
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
I think you should ALSO target a more mainstream platform like iOS, Android or the upcoming WinMo 7.5 Mango. Revenue generated by those ports could easily keep up the hobby business up and running. There are several SDKs, like Cocos2D which you can use to develop.
One of the guys who founded TouchArcade is an ex-Amiga user that's still around here (forum). I'm pretty sure he would help you to promote some of the apps. Specially if you launch 2 separate versions: Classic Amiga and iOS at the same time...

This guy -> http://www.amiga.org/forums/member.php?u=1774
}~ A1200 - Apollo 68040 - HOTLY running OS 3.1
}~ Powerbook G4 1.67 running MorphOS 3.2 without Wifi.
}~ Powermac Quicksilver 933 with Radeon 9600 XT (r300) LOUDLY running MorphOS 3.2
}~ [MY iOS GAME]: http://goo.gl/S9nWB (Amiga users can get it FREE[/color], just ask me)

Offline a1200

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »
Looks good Cammy! I am planning on putting an upgraded A600 in place at work for sysadmin etc just "cos I can" lol
Amiga A1200, 3.1 ROMs, Blizzard 1230 MKIV 128MB & FPU, 4GB DoM SSD, Workbench 3.1

Offline motrucker

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
I too am impressed. Extremely nice looking workspace, and I like your goals.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 12:48:54 AM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;654976
I think you should ALSO target a more mainstream platform like iOS, Android or the upcoming WinMo 7.5 Mango. Revenue generated by those ports could easily keep up the hobby business up and running. There are several SDKs, like Cocos2D which you can use to develop.
One of the guys who founded TouchArcade is an ex-Amiga user that's still around here (forum). I'm pretty sure he would help you to promote some of the apps. Specially if you launch 2 separate versions: Classic Amiga and iOS at the same time...

This guy -> http://www.amiga.org/forums/member.php?u=1774

Maybe it's just my hatred toward both Apple and Microsoft, but blech.  I have separate qualms against Google, but they're fast approaching being on my "yeah screw you too." list, though you just can't really beat their search engine... sigh.

Problem with doing that would be sacrificing because of different control methods, generally speaking most types of games do not translate well to touch screens.  My advice (and sounds like it might be like this anyhow) is to do it for Linux, Aros, AmigaOS.  Then, perhaps down the line when there is a 4th Humble Indie Bundle, put the game in there!  Not sure how much the total tally of all of them have been, but some serious money has been donated through that and the buyers get to choose which developers get the percentage of money.

The real question I guess is; are the games / software going to be commercial or 'for the love of the craft' and released for free (open or closed source)?

Also, that's an awesome office.  I try to think of things that I should decorate my house with, and I think that Hellboy Poster is now on the list!

If you guys need some sort of Hosting, I might be able to arrange something with you.  I have a decently fast connection, depending on how much you plan on using it (something like a Forum would be nothing).  Though currently I need to work some things out with power issues, but that shouldn't be too much of a big deal.  Let me know.

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 01:30:44 AM »
Quote from: slaapliedje;654995
Problem with doing that would be sacrificing because of different control methods, generally speaking most types of games do not translate well to touch screens.  My advice (and sounds like it might be like this anyhow) is to do it for Linux, Aros, AmigaOS.  Then, perhaps down the line when there is a 4th Humble Indie Bundle, put the game in there!  Not sure how much the total tally of all of them have been, but some serious money has been donated through that and the buyers get to choose which developers get the percentage of money.

The real question I guess is; are the games / software going to be commercial or 'for the love of the craft' and released for free (open or closed source)?

I've got App Game Kit on my Mac so once PortablE is ported to that, I could probably handle several ports.  The catch is:  Is Cammy willing that I port it?
Quote from: slaapliedje;654995

Also, that's an awesome office.  I try to think of things that I should decorate my house with, and I think that Hellboy Poster is now on the list!

If you guys need some sort of Hosting, I might be able to arrange something with you.  I have a decently fast connection, depending on how much you plan on using it (something like a Forum would be nothing).  Though currently I need to work some things out with power issues, but that shouldn't be too much of a big deal.  Let me know.
Hosting may be an issue but I'll let Cammy talk to you about that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:33:30 AM by SamuraiCrow »

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
I bet that's what Cammy's living room/study looks like anyway ;)

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by slaapliedje
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 17, 2011, 01:22:28 PM »
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;655000
I've got App Game Kit on my Mac so once PortablE is ported to that, I could probably handle several ports.  The catch is:  Is Cammy willing that I port it?

I'm guessing that's also available for Linux and Windows?  Looking forward to new games for the Amiga.

Hosting may be an issue but I'll let Cammy talk to you about that.

OKay, I currently have a 20mbps upload, so it should be okay for some forums, and lightweight web hosting.  

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.