Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I don't get it.  (Read 14533 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: I don't get it.
« Reply #179 from previous page: June 29, 2010, 05:28:18 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;567905
My only beef with the price, is because I, a Classic, AROS, and MorphOS user, want to be able to have a taste of the pie my self! I dream of a future where all incarnations of Amiga exist, and live long and happy lives, co-existing and as compatible with one another as much as they can be, each living up the the Amiga spirit in it's own way.

I've never been a fan of mass collectivism, One World Order concepts, Consolidation, conglomerations, etc. I prefer creativity, diversity, freedom, and exploration led by the light of wisdom and one's conscious.

The Amiga, to me, reflect this. Sure it was about profit, but it was designed by a team with so many things in their heads, they were vibrant, alive, and doing their own thing for the passion of it. It wasn't it cubical job, it wasn't slaving in the sweat shop, it was fun, and it allowed them to expand themselves through it.

And look at Jay Miner, he spoke often about how technology will be the end of us, and eventually we would be wearing the proverbial number of the beast upon our heads.

Their is so much SOUL in the Amiga legacy, it is not funny, and the community, be they at odds at one another, or chill, is the tightest, most amazing community their is. It's almost like religion, in fact much better than organized religion in my book. I can't recall ever having been screwed over by any of the various Amiga users I used to take road trips to meet, or have done business with, etc. Nor have I met an odder gathering of people than at one of the old Amiga shows. It's a fun crowd.

You sir, speak truth

Offline halvliter'n

• Show only replies by halvliter'n
Re: I don't get it.
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »
Quote from: kolla;567959
I was a joke, you see... your nick being halvliter'n and that other guy's nick being djrikki, kind of obvious, and very funny when you think about it, so... you get it? Haha... uhm, noone appreciates silly puns anymore? What's wrong with you people! :laughing:
it was funny, but you were right, I had drikki(drunk) too many halfliters yesterday.
:lol:
Commodore64+TheFinalCartridgeIII+CBM1541, A500+512slow+1084, A1200+BPPC060+Bvision+AOS3.9