Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aabbcc  (Read 1393 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Aabbcc
« on: December 05, 2009, 08:04:47 AM »
I would like to announce the creation of AABBCC, the Amazing Amiga Big Bear Computer Club.  There are no dues required and anyone can join.  Meetings will be once a month, on dates to be announced, but most likely on one Saturday, such as the first Saturday of the month, or the last Saturday of the month, etc.  

Meetings will be held at my home in Big Bear Lake, CA 92314, unless other arrangements are agreed upon in advance by the members to meet at another location.  

The focus of the club is any and all forms of Amiga computers, including Classic, AmigaOS4.x, MorphOS2.x, AROS, ICAROS, all forms of emulation, MiniMig, MiniMig cores on the C-One computer and hopefully soon the Natami.  Additional focus of the group will be to encourage recruitment of new computer users to try out one or more of the many types of Amiga experiences listed above and to encourage those new users to join AABBCC as group members.  Lastly, those group members that are interested in programming are encouraged to participate in AABBCC projects and tutorial writing.  Certain parts of the monthly meetings may be video taped for sharing with others in the Amiga community.

Visitors are welcome to join us at any of the meetings.  Please contact me in advance to let me know if you plan on showing up as a visitor, so we will have enough refreshments available.

Big Bear Lake is a 4 season, vacation resort destination only 60 miles East of the Los Angeles area and offers two nice Snow Skiing/Snow Boarding resorts for Winter fun as well as a well stocked lake for fishing, boating, water skiing and wake boarding during the Summer months.  There are many trails for hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, or off-road driving, as well as many hotels and restaurants to service any vacationing needs.

I hope that some of you will join the group and come to the meetings on a regular basis, and I also hope that many more of you will plan some of your business trips and/or vacations, so that you will be able to attend one of our meetings when you are in the Southern California area for any other reason, be it business or pleasure.

Please contact me via PMail, or email if you are interested in joining this new user group.  The first meeting will be held on the last Saturday of January, 2010.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:07:42 AM by amigadave »
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)