Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (RFD) How can we support...?  (Read 2396 times)

Description:

Offline quarkx

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
Re: (RFD) How can we support...?
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:09:48 AM »
Quote from: Belial6;456945
I would say that to become independent, we need to finish moving out of Mom's (AInc.) basement.  Mom (The Amiga Name) has become a weathered old whore who is trying to wear today's teen clothes and telling people that she is still hot.  This is while the youngens are not even noticing her and everybody that used to think she was hot are still wanking it to pictures of her from 20 years ago.

I suggest that we pull a Linux/Unix.  We start using "MiniMig" in place of "Amiga" and just make a reference like "Amiga Compatible" or "Modernized Amiga".  We don't need to deny our heritage any more than Linux denies it's Unix heritage, but if we want to stand on our own, we need to stop riding the Amiga name.

The other piece is that we need to get AROS ported to the MiniMig.  The Amiga name, and the AmigaOS is the only hold that AInc has on our community.  Getting an independent OS is the only way to get out from our whithered old mother's thumb.  Even if we move out of her basement (via the MiniMig), we still have not become indepent if we have to go back to her every time the water bill (the OS) comes in.

WHAAAAATTTTT? (wow, what every you have been smoking, I want some :) )
The minimig will never ever ever replace the commodore stuff (clasic Amigas) its just another febal atempt and just a flash in the pan of new hardware (just like the sam, be-os, and everything else that has come out since the Commodore hardware).
We, as a community have to carry on the flame, educate the public and the youth at what the Amiga was, and make sure that that torch is carried on to future generations. If we don't, companies like Apple will re-write the history and make sure that the word "Commodore" was never muttered. (just look at ALL Apple advertising since the begining of Apple, and movies like "pirates of the Sillicon Valley, The PBS series "triumph of the nerds" etc. People are trying very hard to whipe Commodore from the history books. Infact, no school today probably even mentions them in computer classes.
I make it my personal goal, through the website, magazine, wearing Amiga t-shirts and such to make sure that people remeber that Commodore exsited, that the Amiga exsited. We must do what evere it will take, making small amouts of hardware that make the classic Amiga's more useable and somewhat modern.
I am trying to re-vibe Amitrix, and Amicue with real excitment about the classic hardware.
It takes just a few minutes a day to promote it, I even had an e-mail conversation with Bil Herd just yesterday about it.
That is what it takes, we all must try. Forget linix, Samm and the Minimig, they are just pretenders, focus on the real thing.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.