Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (RFD) How can we support...?  (Read 2399 times)

Description:

Offline spirantho

Re: (RFD) How can we support...?
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »
Hi Wayne,

A good idea, to be sure.

But first I think we need to work out who "the Amiga community" is.

We've always assumed that "The Amiga Community" was people using anything from an A1000 to an A4000T, and in the past that was the case. But now things are different. Many MorphOS users considers themselves the Amiga Community too, but they don't even use anything to do with Amiga itself any more.

Hence I think we need to work out what direction we want the "community" to move in. Are we looking to get the most out of our old CBM machines? Or are we embracing the Hyperion AmigaOS and striving for a well-supported Amiga-compatible OS which has little to do with the original hardware.

Hence I think we need to define exactly who "The Amiga Community" are before we can think about moving said community in one unified direction. Or, alternatively, try something easier, like herding cats.

Personally, though, I'm all in favour of doing the best we can for AmigaOS as it stands, including AmigaOS 4 as that's the best OS I've used in ages and is Amiga compatible.

I think you've created a good incentive, though, here. We've got things like ACube's systems, the NatAmi hopefully eventually, and other plans. Now we just need to get behind them to succeed.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!